for moms who are buying baby stuff before 20th week...

We've been buying a few things each week/few weeks, spreading the cost - my dad has already hand carved our crib and it is very nearly finished, my mum is on to knitting her 7th cardi and jacket, i don't believe you can jinx things. In fact I talk to my little princess all the time and tell her what i've bought her and how i can't wait to dress her in it/play with it with her/make everything perfect for her :shrug: it helps us bond with her.

Things aren't certain no matter how far along you get, or even dare I say it, afterwards either :nope: that doesn't mean you can never buy anything just incase, that's the way I see it :shrug: x

The first thing I bought was a second hand swing for $15 and I was about 4 weeks. I knew I was being crazy but at the same time I wasn't spending a ton of money. Over the next few weeks I found a bunch of other great stuff for cheap and the thought was always in the back of my mind that I may not get to use it. But it was all stuff that I could sell and didn't spend a lot on.

Last week I bought 2 outfits, brand new. They were on sale! I still have those thoughts, but at the same time, I think its easier when you don't spend a lot of money. And honestly...its just stuff. If something horrible happens I can either save the things or sell them.

With my first I was so overly paranoid we didn't buy a thing until V-day and even then it was only a tiny baby hat. I was so worried that I actually didn't enjoy my pregnancy like I should have - I kept wishing the time away. Then LO was born a month early and all I had was that little hat and my coat at the hospital! :dohh:

With this one I am relaxing and trying to enjoy every minute. So I will buy something for LO if I see it!!

the same rule of jinking can apply to anything in life, too scared to spend money on suncream in case your holiday is cancelled with volcanic ash and so on.

with 3 losses, of course i am nervous, but there is never a safe time in pregnancy and i would much rather think of the positive outcome and get prepared than to be consistantly thinking the worst.

i also found that when i lost later on, i valued the little things that i had bought for my baby and still keep them in a memory box, i didn't use them with my daughter and it felt good to have something to remember the baby by....everyone is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->