for moms with teenage sons

M

Melissa.Feb12

i am a single teen mom. and was just wondering what youd think about your son dating a teen mom / mom with children?

It is a long way off before I have to consider him dating anyone! When he does though my main priority would be for to be dating a nice person. Someone who is kind, respectful and treats him well.

Ideally I would prefer him not to be involved with someone who already has a child but I wouldn't forbid it. Life isn't that simple.

I would treat her like any other girlfriend, if she was a nice, decent girl I would be welcoming to her and if she was treating him badly I would do my best to discourage it.

So really the personality/behaviour of the girl in question would be the deciding factor not whether or not she has a child.

My son is only 13 but if he was to meet a nice girl in the future who already had a baby then that wouldn't be a problem with me. The only thing I will be looking for in my sons girlfriends are that they have respect for themselves and others and are good to my sons, anything else is nothing to do with me :)

The fact the girl had a child would be irrelevant to me, if it didn't bother my son, why should it bother me?

I would hope the girl had good morals (despite being a young unmarried Mum!) and was a good person who was hard working, but at the end of the day I would just have to accept that it wasn't my choice and so I would be nice to her and support my son and his partner whatever.

I think one of the most important things about being a Mum is being able to realise your children are growing up and let go.

I trust my son to make good choices. If his heart directs him to be with someone who already has a baby, he can handle it. His heart is big enough.

it wudnt bother me , one as my teen aint my son , and 2nd im obv with his dad and hes always lived with his dad :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->