For the Hypnobirthing mummies & all those wanting a gentle birth!

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
I thought I'd share a couple of things I found interesting, enlightening and funny!

Here's a funny and spot on blog post about breathing your baby down.....really tickled me and makes absolute sense!

https://tums2mums.blogspot.com/2009/06/are-we-pushing-too-hard.html

And this paper is from The Royal College of Midwives about NOT using directed pushing - interestingly dated 2007 but still women are being ordered to push (or not) before they have the urge! I had when they describe as a 'latent' period in my second stage with my second and third babies - I was fully dilated but with no urge to push. The paper tells how it's OK to wait! I had amazing MWs who told me to just do what my body told me and at that time it was to do nothing! This latent phase of the second stage can be 20 mins or an hour long and it's perfectly safe to wait for the urge to bear or breath down - so why oh why are MWs still exhausting women before they are ready to birth for them to end up 'needing' help when if they'd been left they might not have needed.....:dohh:

It's a nice easy paper to read and really opens your eyes!

https://cid-45a60baefe79409a.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/RCM^_paper^_on^_pushing.doc

Awesome stuff MM, there are a couple links within the references that you can click on too - theyre a lot harder going but good reading.

Thanks for this helpful and humorous link! It took me 2.5 hours to push Ella out last time, being told I needed to push my hardest for 10 seconds, 3 times each contraction, when I really just didn't feel the need to. I've got a very supportive naturally inclined midwife this time so think I'll have a much easier time of it this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->