For the last few weeks of pregnancy, what are NORMAL reduced movements like?

A1983

Reaction score
Just so im aware and know what is normal and what is not! So far my little one is very active :) it's been a constant reassurance with the odd day when he is a lot quieter that I don't like but put down to him resting and growing as he's having a crazy disco in there the next day again!

My mw said to expect less movement as they grow from now on..but online it says to watch for less movements and to still expect at least 10 in 2 hours not including hiccups.

Can I ask you ladies how you have found movements to have changed from 31 weeks and what to call the mw about if worried? Just so im aware and I don't stress-im nearly there now and love my baby so much but have relied on his acivity to reassure me and just don't want to miss anything I should be acting upon.

Thank you :)

I have a very crazy actobatic baby always moving around and sticking her foot out so far it looks like my skin is about to split open but today I have had nothing only a few slow movements like sticking her bum out or something it's starting to concern me also as she is usually so active. I have a back ache and don't feel right either. But don't want to go in and be a nucense

I was told movements shouldn't be reduced the will just change. Rolls & swishes, the odd kick & punch. I feel her constantly so if she went quiet for a couple of hours I'd be worried & call in.

You should never experience less, just different. As baby grows they have less room to kick out like at do now. So the movement turn to be more wiggles than kicks. DD would quite often push a foot or elbow out the side! But honestly don't believe it will be less.
Listen to your own body, you'll know.xx

I'm thinking I might eat dinner and then lay down with a glass of ice water and see if I can get her to move. I have only felt movement about 5 times in total today and they are very quick and she had the hiccups once

Thanks ladies :) yes his kicks are definitely more ripples/mexican waves and big bumps sticking out and limbs travelling across! So no more jabs as such. And ill now ensure it's no less movement, just different.

Mummyof2-hope you are ok-any updates? X

I had a freakout today about that, my baby is measuring 3-4 weeks ahead so my doctor asked me to make sure I got at least 10 movements a day

He usually moves that much, not the most active baby but he covers the basics ;D Today I only managed to feel 6 and they were very weak so I rushed to the ER and they said its just less space but heart rate is great! I would suggest 10 a day as the bare minimum before freakout, but I got reassurance when I needed it

Ahh bless both of you! And if he's measuring 3-4 weeks ahead then he's practically 40w! Squished bubba in there ha ha! Are they going to induce you? Do you have gd? Or maybe you just make big babies :-D

I think the key thing aswell is what is normal for your baby-10 movements a day is normal for you but not for me so I think you have to go on that too. My friends baby didn't move a lot when she was carrying him and now at 5 months he's sooo good-has slept throughout the night from birth practically and just hardly ever cries! When in his pram or on someones lap he just sits lovely and still...so they do say how they are in the womb is how they'll probabl be ooutsid the womb! Lucky you!! And poor me!! ;-)

Ha ha-how funny-look at what my banner signature comment is for today at turning 31 weeks!

I was told movements shouldn't be reduced the will just change. Rolls & swishes, the odd kick & punch. I feel her constantly so if she went quiet for a couple of hours I'd be worried & call in.

What she said :)

I never noticed less movements in the end. The movements become more like a big watermelon rolling around in there rather than karate chops so its hard to necessarily count the movements. As long as you are feeling the baby regularly no need to worry. x

Ha ha big watermelon! Well this evening he has certainly been a very active mini melon!!

I feel like my baby has been moving more then ever! But I think its just because shes so squished in there I feel everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->