For those drinking Mothers Milk/Fennel tea

Foxybabyhg3

Mamma to Skylar TTC #2
Reaction score
How many cups a day do you drink for it to make a difference? How long did it take before you noticed an increase?

I missed a few expressing times (Exclusively expressing) and my supply dramatically dropped. So I'm taking fenugreek capsules and started the tea.

i have never taken fenugreek capsules. but i started drinking this tea about 2 weeks ago. i started off religiously drinking 6 cups a day (with only 3 tea bags, just making a second weaker cup each time). I EBF at home and pump twice a day at work. i noticed an increase of my pumping output the 2nd day of drinking it. and i was feeling a little fuller between feeds.

the last few days I have only been drinking 2 cups (one bag) in the afternoon. i'm still able to pump plenty for my son and have a few extra oz each day.

I exclusively pumped for DD and accidentally slept too long a couple times and had clogs. I never noticed any supply recovery from Mother's Milk tea alone (3 cups/day) but I did have success with cluster pumping, warm compresses, and (despite the fact that she never nursed in any substantive way) bringing DD to the breast and letting her suck as much as possible. Maybe I needed to be drinking more of the tea to see a real effect, but I know 3 cups didnt help me.

I noticed more of a response from more milk plus drops. It's basically concentrated fenugreek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->