For those of us just waiting..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by sarah_george, Apr 4, 2009.

1. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

Stumbled on this and thought it might give all of us ladies that seem to be just waiting some hope! in the law of averages most of us should have given birth by our due date :)

Your due date is an estimate, it is an average. In the chart below you can see the reality.
    At the beginning of week 38, -2 weeks before the due date-, 2 out of 10 women already gave birth.
    At the beginning of week 39, -1 week before the due date-, 4 out of 10 women gave birth.
    At the beginning of week 40, -the due date-, 7 out of 10 women gave birth.
    At the beginning of week 41, -1 week after the due date- 9 out of 10 women gave birth.

[​IMG]

2. kellysays2u

kellysays2u Guest

lol so when I get past my due date I really need to start crying. I wont even be average/normal anymore!

3. sarah_george

lol! sorry babe! just have a bit of faith you will go before your due date :lol: xxx

4. princessttc

princessttc Well-Known Member

this is good to know:hug:

5. ecossaise74

ecossaise74 Well-Known Member

There is one lady out of ten that gives birth on the 37th week...Hope I'll be that lucky one :)
    thanx for the info xxxx

6. massacubano

massacubano Guest

Yes, I love that website... the tickers are too big sadly :(

I looked at that chart and amazing that my daughter would of been in the last 5 babies out of 100 or 95% or so... at her 11 days over due! :eek:

7. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

Looks like I'm "special" then!! :dohh: Spud is still ridiculously comfortable in there - DH seems to think I should keep poking at my belly until I irritate Spud enough to come out! :)

8. sarah_george

Lol! I had an idea this morning, i read that baby drinks a certain amount of the amniotic fluid and it tastes of what we have eaten, so, i'm thinking if i eat a few lemons that might just tip the scales to get him moving :lol:

9. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

Thanks for that, its great to see, take care :hugs: XX

10. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

Ooh, or maybe some prune juice, that stuff is pretty nasty but I'm willing to do anything really!