For those of you who dont have children already?

Mummy2Angel.

Mason & Max's Mummy
Reaction score
For those of you who dont have any children, do you ever feel like you'll never be a mum :cry:. After my first pregnancy ending in a mmc in march i just have this overwhelming feeling that somehow i'll never be a mum :cry: does anyone else have this fear?

You def aren't alone!! I have had these thoughts since my mc.

Even having just got my bfp I am obviously paranoid that it might not work - I think this is normal tho...

hx

I get this feeling too sometimes, its like I blew my chance at it and wont get another one. I know its daft but its hard to stay positive sometimes.

totally agree lucina I feel like i was so blessed to have gotten my BFP in february and then i feel like i've blown my only chance and it wont ever happen again :cry:

same... just recently when i was driving around in my car
all of a sudden i was thinking that bc all seemed to go wrong in the ttc department
that i might never be lucky enough to see myself with a big belly or feel a baby kick

hard to shake the feeling

I sometimes think that too. I find it hard to picture myself with a baby in my arms... this is natural after what we have been through though :-(
I keep the belief in my heart that i WILL be a mum one day, no matter what it takes as the overwhelming urge is too great not to be ;-)

We will be mums one day and i hope that its soon xxx

Yes, like all the other ladies I feel like that too Mummy. After my first mc, I still held hope. When I got my second BFP, things went downhill so quickly, I didn't even have time to celebrate that I was pregnant again. That one was taken from me too. I can't imagine getting another BFP and actually holding onto it. But, most days lately, I feel hopeful. I try to do mental exercises where I force myself to imagine myself with a big belly and then cradling a newborn. It helps me to stay positive.

xoxo

Sorry to hear you're feeling this way :hugs:

I haven't felt this way yet, Freya was my first pregnancy though so it's different for me.

I still feel very positive that i will be a mummy to a healthy baby (hopefully more than one!) one day. It's meant to be - i feel that's what i'm here for, to be a mum. I am however, TERRIFIED of being pregnant again :( I want it more than anything, don't get me wrong, but i just know i'll spend the entire pregnancy being paranoid of something going wrong again.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs: xx

I have that fear, too. I worried of not falling pregnant again and then if I do, having another miscarriage.

Hey Mummy - I feel excatly the same. I think I'm in the middle of the next mc. I just don't get the positive vibes anymore and every BFP isn't celebration but the start of stress & worry. Really hard to stay positive.

Mummy I feel completely the same... after losing 4 babies I wonder if I am strong enough to go through all of the distress again and it puts such pressure on my hubby too. I am petrified of my BFP as all the heartache starts again....

Sometimes it is just too much and I wonder why I keep getting pregnant if I am only going to lose it..

I feel exactly the same as you girls. I'm really struggling to picture myself with a child but then at the sametime I feel in my heart I'll be a mummy!

It's hard but surely my luck has to change soon x x x

Thanks for the replies girls :hugs: its nice to know i'm not the only one feeling like this :cry:, I just cant seem to imagine myself walking around with my big bump, and giving birth, pushing my baby in pram, i just feel like its not going to happen :cry:. I hope we all get out healthy babies soon :hugs:

Hey mummy - yes I feel like this all the time! after 3 mmc and waiting almost a year on surgery I haven't even been able to ttc again!!! You will know from having a mmc thats its very cruel as theres are no signs anythings wrong.....I both look forward to and dread my next BFP as I know it will be filled with anxiety and worry....but hopefully 2010 will be the year for all of us girls on this and that we get our sticky bean xx

So ture AS1, it is such a cruel way as you have no way to tell you anything is wrong, i went to 13 weeks everything fine till scan, its just feels so cruel. I'm so sorry youve had to go through that 3 times :hugs: no one deserves that, but hopefully we'll get our sticky healthy BFP soon hun :hugs: x

Yup Currently on MC numbr 3 and all my friends who were PG the same time as me giving birth.

Makes things hard very hard but I just have to keep up hope or try to lol

So sorry Lawa :hugs: I hope you get some answers and you healthy baby soon x

Sending lots of hugs and positive vibes. Know the feeling well, we had 6 miscs before our first daughter. Can seem a huge mountain to climb. Wish you all the best

thank you coccyx :hugs: that means alot and i'm so sorry about your losses to, but its so nice to hear a bit of positive that you got you daughter x

Since we started trying again at the beginning of this year after finding out about our mmc at the end of November I feel like this everytime AF arrives each month. I spend the whole month full of PMA and hope then when the disapointment hits me when the :witch: flies in I just feel like it is never going to happen for us and we will be one of those couples who just aren't able to conceive.

If only I'd have known it was going to be so difficult I would've started trying years ago :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->