For those of you who have babies or toddlers...

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
...have you thought of what you are going to do buggywise if you have another baby soonish?

I was thinking about double buggies.

I have a Silvercross 3D at the moment, but if I am lucky enough to fall pregnant this Spring/Summer, Tristan will still be using the buggy a lot when the baby is born. I love the I-Candy Pear, but have heard that it can be a bit small for the toddler and I quite like the Phil and Ted range but the baby hammock hanging down thing puts me off a bit.

What are you thinking of getting? What good and bad things have you heard about the buggies?

oh I havent even thought about buggies really, currently I have the Icandy Apple which i love! So I guess the real option would be to convert it into the pear :D - we also have a maclaren for nipping around to the shops etc so not sure what I would do about that really :D

Good post as now I need to think about all of this lol

There is a mother at my daughters school who has her newborn son and what appears to be a 2 year old (I dont talk to her) in an Icandy pear and I personally think the seat unit is too small for the older child. I am not trying until Jason is just about 3 but I love the look of the Phil and ted sport or Vibe and have read some great reviews about them. The sport in green is awesome.

This is another reason why im hoping that by the time i have another baby that Brooke will be walking :lol:

I cant find anything at all out there that i "like" double buggy wise :hissy:

Im not getting a double. I'll either wear the new baby or amelie will go on a buggy board when she gets tired of walking.

I don't think I'd ever get a double buggy unless I had twins, lol.

If I had babies close together my plan would be to baby wear the little one and the older one could go in the stroller, or put the little one in a stroller and have Elyse walk.

I have thought about this also and if we conceive prewtty quick (as of june) ds will be over 3 and a half and way to tall for a buggy so we would probably get a buggy board. He always wants to walk now anyway so I doubt we will have a problem with him wanting to walk everywhere just hope he is ok with using a buggy board as of when he doesnt want to walk!!

I have a Icandy Pear and a Phil and Teds Vibe and they're both lovely prams. I personally prefer the vibe a lot more as it's wonderful to push! The Icandy pear is really hard to push around IMO when the toddler is in front, the seat unit is quite small to be honest too.

The cocoon on the vibe is really lovely and cosy :)

Any questions on them I'm your lady :D

I had a mothercare hoxton tandem pushchair when my youngest was born and it was an absolute nightmare! It was like pushing a tank down the road and getting up and down kerbs was nearly impossible for a short woman like me.
So we bought a mamas and papas twin aria and it was much much better. A whole lot easier to manouver and I had no problems getting it through doorways and such.

I would definitely recommend a twin over a tandem.

Im not getting a double. I'll either wear the new baby or amelie will go on a buggy board when she gets tired of walking.

That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. My only problem with using a sling, is that when I had Tristan, I tried to use a Hotsling and he absolutely hated it. I don't know if it was because I was putting him in wrong:dohh: or because he was quite a long baby (weighing nearly 10 pounds!) but it didn't seem to work. When he was a bit bigger, I used a Baby Bjorn carrier which was good but hurt my shoulders if he was in it for too long.

Buggy boards are a good idea...can you get them to fit all buggies? I suppose it would depend when I got pregnant and how old Tristan was when the baby was born, as even if he was walking, he would want to sleep at times if he was still around 2 or 3 years old. My friend has two children (a three year old and a 8 month old baby) and the older child still uses the buggy quite a lot. She has a double buggy and she likes it but says it is awkward to get into shops and is not front facing.

Thanks, I do like the idea of using a sling.

xxx

I don't use a pushchair with Ezio, and when I have my next, I'll wear the new baby too, as Ezio will be big enough to walk then (I want him to self-wean from breastfeeding before I have another baby).

I wear Ezio fulltime, despite him being 24lb!

Thanks for all the replies girls!

I am totally getting ahead of myself with the planning a double buggy thing...it could be ages until we need one. Tristan could be walking all the time by then! However, we are thinking of TTC in May, so hopefully if we get pregnant soon, then we probably will have to plan a new buggy.

Your replies were great.

The thing about double buggies/tandems is that both units (for the baby and toddler) tend to both face away from you or both face towards you. I do love having a front facing buggy for a newborn...but then, that is not really suitable for an inquisitive toddler is it? Like some of you have said, a toddler probably would want to walk quite a bit.

Anyhoo! I probably shouldn't worry myself about any of this until I actually need to! Thanks for the responses, some really good ideas.

I don't use a pushchair with Ezio, and when I have my next, I'll wear the new baby too, as Ezio will be big enough to walk then (I want him to self-wean from breastfeeding before I have another baby).

I wear Ezio fulltime, despite him being 24lb!

:shock:

Much respect!:thumbup: You must have brilliant muscle tone!

nice thread poppy :D this is something i've thought about alot, we're hoping for around about a 3 year age gap, so i would probably cover all my bases, sling, single pram and double.
tbh after looking for me, i don't think there is a 'perfect' double on the market, though i am hoping bugaboo come up with something before our next one is due :lol: i think we'd probably get an icandy peach blossom - there new double, as i don't no how much maddi would need to use it, but it gives us the option. maddi has been walking since july, so is wonderful on her feet, but she still naps a lot, so i would probably use a double for longer trips, like a day at the mall. oh and just to add, icandy say the blossom is only up to 3 years, but maddi is a thin, yet tall toddler, so maybe we'd get away with no doubles :yipee:

currently for mads we have a bug cam, which she is now too tall for :dohh: and an icandy cherry, which i adore! i did think about getting rid agggeeesss ago, so glad i didn't, it's a dream and has a lovely shopping basket.
we've also brought a stroller for the summer, which makes life so easy now :D it's like the calm before the storm :lol:

I LOVE the idea of a double buggy and when I saw this one could be either forward or backward facing I fell in love with it. (https://www.firstwheels.nl/en/city_twin/) The problem is it doesn't get good reviews and I'm not sure I could afford it anyway :( I don't like the idea of not being able to get into shops and things with a side-by-side one and I don't like the fact that one kid gets the short straw with the long style ones and has to be in the back.

I'll probably go with the single pushchair and baby sling thing, but I'll have a toddler sling and a baby sling so I can alternate who goes in the pram.

x

Oh gosh I haven't even thought about this. If we are lucky enough to fall pregnant this summer, Joshua will only be 20 ish months so he's not going to want to walk all the time and I wouldnt want him to.

I like the idea of a sling/ board depending on who i have in the buggy! Not a fan of the double buggies they don't do what I want the to do

I LOVE the idea of a double buggy and when I saw this one could be either forward or backward facing I fell in love with it. (https://www.firstwheels.nl/en/city_twin/) The problem is it doesn't get good reviews and I'm not sure I could afford it anyway :( I don't like the idea of not being able to get into shops and things with a side-by-side one and I don't like the fact that one kid gets the short straw with the long style ones and has to be in the back.

I'll probably go with the single pushchair and baby sling thing, but I'll have a toddler sling and a baby sling so I can alternate who goes in the pram.

x

I love the buggy you have picked out DB! It looks really good - I had begun to think there were going to be no double buggies that gave you a combination option of front and rear facing. How much does it cost?

I am going to have a look at the reviews...I do think that most buggies get both bad and good reviews. I love the Icandy buggies, but when I went on some reviews, they got quite bad reviews...then again, they got some really good ones as well. It is hard to choose isn't it? You worry, especially with the cost of some of those buggies that you will end up dishing out hundreds of pounds and then ditching the buggy after a few months. My friend spent about £200 on a buggy from Ebay, realised it was not for her and then she ended up spending around £400 on another buggy.

I just wish there was somewhere I could try the first wheels buggy out for myself first before I shell out £340 (the lowest I saw it for). I may keep half an eye on ebay for one.

I just wish there was somewhere I could try the first wheels buggy out for myself first before I shell out £340 (the lowest I saw it for). I may keep half an eye on ebay for one.

If its any help, I used to have the Firstwheels city elite which is the single version of the one you want and I really liked it. It was really smooth to push and had a bit of a bounce to it. Jason really liked it because he could face me and sit really upright. The shopping baket was a good size too.

The only fault I had with it was you have to take the seat off to fold it.

I'm defo not a fan of a double buggy, I already got a problem getting my bugaboo around in smal shops. lol and i love my bugaboo way toooooo much to give him up. Therefore the new baby has to go into a sling until Joe can walk, or if Joe can walk already (hopefully lol) he can have a buggyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->