For those of you who have given birth already

butterflywolf

Reaction score
If you measured a few weeks ahead did baby come early or late or on time?

At my last check up at 30 weeks I was measuring just that, 30 weeks. Today I had another check up for 32 weeks and am measuring 34 weeks. And I hadn't gained any weight between those two weeks if that makes a difference (baby is growing clearly whether I am gaining or not (plus I was overweight to start with)).
Everything checked out fine though and no worries. I am mainly just curious if baby's measuring bigger came earlier or not. Thanks!

I dont think it matters how big your measuring as to when bubs will come. The size of your bump can measure differebtly depending on which way baby is laying as well!

Yes, measuring ahead or behind usually had absolutely no impact on when you give birth, from my experience.

DS1 measured spot on the entire pregnancy He arrived at 41+5.
DS2 meausred consistantly ~4 weeks ahead until about 30ish weeks. Then he measured exact after that, fo rthe duration of the pregnancy. He arrived at 38+3.
Ive been measuring 5-8 weeks ahead this entire pregnancy, anxious to see how things go, but tbh i dont think it means much as far as giving birth goes. Weight and size does not equal developmental milestones or gestational age. Sure there is a guesstamet, but thats about all that is. Plus FH can change based on fluid levels, the position of the baby, the location of the placenta, etc so it doesn't always mean anything about the baby size, and size doesn't equivelate out to being fully baked :nope:

My first baby always measured 2 wks ahead, by both ultrasound dating and fundal height measurements. I had to be induced at 41 1/2 wks. So I'm sorry to say that it doesn't indicate a thing about when baby will be born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->