For those of you who use the bus...

lauren-kate

Reaction score
... How do you do it???

I use the bus almost every day now and I'm still struggling. Every single time I have to rely on there being someone at the bus stop/on the bus who can help me to get on the bus. Getting off is fine as the pushchair will just literally unfold itself, but getting on isn't even physically possible. I suppose it doesn't help that my pushchair requires 2 hands to fold - whoever thought of that one?! So all the time, I'm having to get people in the queue to hold Ryan for me whilst I fold the pushchair and put it on the bus. I'm so grateful to them (mostly lovely old dears who jump at the chance lol), but I dread the time when I'll get there and there's no-one to help me. Also, whilst I'm trying to organise myself, ryan, the pushchair, and all necessary baggage.. sometimes the bus driver just DRIVES OFF!!

Also.. after all that rant, can anyone reccommend a 1-hand release/fold lightweight stroller that isn't overly expensive? x

omg..i dont! lol i went to leicester to visit family...i ended up stranded lol cus i couldnt get on! and i couldnt fold the pram as i was on my own and had bags and ollie to carry! nightmare! its such hard work and so stressful. i ended up buyin a baby carrier/sling in the end..makes life easier! x

Do your buses not lower them selves down for wheel chairs.

Not all of ours does but I know the 21 service has a little bit with seats that fold down if needed but its like a space for people in wheel chairs. So I dont fold my pram and use that. Its not often you see some one who is disabled trying to get on the bus but obviously if there was then I would fold it and give them priority.

I cant help you with a buggy but it must be a pain in the arse for you. I suppose im lucky that I can drive

x

all my busses here are easy access busses, and u can take the pram on as it is, and there is a buggy zone at the start of the bus :D

Nope, unfortunately we have the oldest buses in the world (only a slight exaggeration there) and they don't lower. :( No idea what the people with wheelchairs do..

I can start driving lessons as soon as I book them (keep putting them off still), but even then I won't have a car so :wacko: will keep looking for an easier stroller/sue the bus company/find an attractive single guy to help me fold the current stoller. x

Eek the buses here lower down (most of em) but there is spaces for prams! Maybe you should ring your bus station and find out why they don't have easy access buses because there are a couple of buses that leave fromme into town & only certain buses are guarenteed (sp) to suit me with a pram so I don't have to fold it down! I wouldn't either tbh I'd go home lol A sling may help until your off the bus?

Hmm that's probably a good idea - I'm sure I have a baby carrier thing upstairs somewhere that I got as a present. I'll have to try it out tomorrow.. Thankyou! x

I've been dreading the time I need to use a bus and have a pushchair to take with me.

Here most of the busses lower but they can get busy and if there is already someone on there with a pushchair you have to fold yours up. I know I will really struggle. I have the silvercross 3d and it doesn't even fold properly in pram mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->