For those still searching for HB using doppler

msbene

Reaction score
Hello all! Just thought to drop a few encouraging points regarding doppler use 😊

I've been using mine since 9w and never got anything. Then around 10w I found the HB after several mins of searching for 3 seconds. Nothing after that. Today Im 12w5d and I found it immediately 💓

1) I've heard it said to wait until around 11/12 weeks so baby is big enough. This was the case for me.
2) Waiting until after your first ultrasound - my doctor told me that baby is right in the middle of my womb so thats where I started looking today.
3) Place probe on a spot, then without lifting it, angle it in all directions. If nothing, then shift it a little and repeat. When I used to just shift the probe everywhere, all I'd get were swishing noises (blood thru my viens).

Hope this helps! H&H9 to everyone!

Good post! I am so glad you were able to find it this time! I tried earlier with all of my pregnancies but found it at 14 weeks with my first, 9 with my second, 9 with my third, 10 with my forth and 11 1/2 weeks with this one. Just goes to show that it depends on the pregnancy! It's nice to have the Doppler for reassurance, but it doesn't help when we can't find the heart tones and are even more scared. :)

Thanks, good tip about not lifting the probe! I found my sons hb at 9+2 but I can't remember how I managed it, can't wait to try with this baby :)

I'm 8 weeks and have been trying and trying and trying to find baby's heartbeat. I'm trying to remember how far along I was when I was able to find it before, but i'm really just so impatient!

I'm 8 weeks and have been trying and trying and trying to find baby's heartbeat. I'm trying to remember how far along I was when I was able to find it before, but i'm really just so impatient!

8 weeks is really early!! I would never start trying before 9 weeks, and I will try very very hard not to panic if I can't find it then too!

I found I had to push down with the probe early on to get the HB clearly. I didn't try until 12 weeks and found is fairly easily at this point. But I had to press down and angle it around (without lifting it). The HB also swapped sides all the time! I'm 23 weeks now and the HB is much easier. It does still come and go sometimes though, I imagine as baby moves around!

Definitely depends on the pregnancy- last time I found it at just shy of 7 weeks (but it was twins so uterus was prob a smidge higher) but with another baby, and a supposedly better Doppler, I never found it until 15 weeks.
Good tips 👍🏻

Great tips! Don't lose hope if you can't find baby on the doppler right away. I can't remember when I found DD's but it was pretty early, this time around I couldn't find baby until 10+6 then couldn't again for days.

:happydance::happydance: I just found my baby's heartbeat!! So happy. I've tried a couple of times and got despondent as seen other ladies had been finding theirs since 8/9 weeks. I found out I didn't find Poppy's til 11 weeks so felt a bit better. But so so so worried about mmc, but just found it like straight away!! Deffo not mine as way faster than my own and can see my own on my Fitbit!!

So exciting! I tried again today with no luck :(

I was just searching in my email for an attachment I knew I had sent a few people with a recording of my son's hb when I found it at 9+2...And I saw that I had written to them that it took me absolutely ages to find it! And I don't remember that at all!

So I'm really glad I read that, because otherwise if I try the doppler next week and can't find it straight away, I would've probably panicked but now I won't. Thought you ladies should know too, especially pp (luz) so definitely don't worry about not being able to find it at 8w.

Thanks talia! I just need reassurance and confirmation everything is ok , I'm so worried there's nothing there :(

I'm worried about that too and haven't even tried with the Doppler...but you are sooo early, most ladies find it pointless (and worrying!) to start trying before 9 weeks and even that is pretty early. I'm sure you'll find it soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->