• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For those that already have girls, please answer this for me....

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
After Christmas, we will be trying for our 3rd and final baby. We currently have two boys, which I love to pieces. But I have experienced a lot of GD with that as well. We so desperately want a girl this time, especially since it will be our last shot.
Originally we weren't going to TTC until Jan 2014. I was going to chart a bunch of cycles and use Shuttles method (i know, its not foolproof, but i have to give it my best shot! I have nothing to lose!). Well a problem has presented itself and now we have to bring our TTC date forward by an entire year :shock: I have a severe prolapsed bladder that cannot be fixed without surgery. The problem is that i am so young (24) and they wont do the surgery until I have a completed family. So I was advised to have our last baby, sooner rather than later.....the reason i am saying this, is because i am a nursing mom and i dont have my cycles back yet (im 6.5 months PP). I am very good with my fertility signs, but I wanted to make sure i was charting a few cycles before attempting natural swaying techniques. But now that we have moved our date forward so much, im not going to have those charts, so i need to base gender swaying off of other measures (like CM, diet, timing with OPKs, etc)

So, what i want is experience from those that have already had girls, whether you were TTC for a girl or not or it just happened, looking back, what all did you do when you got pregnant? (like timing, your diet, any minerals/vitamins to take or avoid, your partners diet, etc). As said, i know this isn't fool proof, but its our last shot and i am going to be upset if i didn't try as much as i could for a girl. In the end, i know we will have what we are meant to have, but for my emotional state, i need to know that i did everything i could and leave the rest in God's hands.

Oh that's exciting that you're TTC sooner now!! Obviously I don't have a little girl [We'll see in November if that changes ;)] so I can't offer any advice. I had also planned to sway for the sheer reason of knowing that at least I tried! I wish you the best at your sway though!

Ohhhh, and if I AM successful and pregnant with a girl this time.. What I did differently was taking Vitex (stopped halfway through the cycle because of migranes) and I was drinking a lot of crystal light which is said to reduce your PH which is favorable of girls.

I had also bought and used RePresh? Or.. One of those vaginal PH lowering gels. But I had convinced myself I was no ovulating so I don't believe I actually used it at the correct time anyways. We'll see.

Oh, and I slept with a pink shirt under my bed... That wasn't really to help with anything that's just where I happened to stash it for some strange reason. I dare not move it though. ;)

One more thing, have you hear of O+12? That's what I was going to try as I know sex before and on the day of O resulted in boys for me lol.

Can't offer any advice because i don't know what the methods are nor think they work as science is science. We dtd when i got the pos ovulation stick and had a girl =o)

Good luck!

I ate a hell of a lot of chocolate with DD, big sucker for sweet stuff! So was he, hope you get your girl..

Hiya Guppy, with my first daughter there was no specific timing. With my second and third daughter we weren't even trying for a baby and they came along. but with this last little girl we dtd 2 days before ovulation, I were hoping for a boy but its another girl. Also I have a very sweet tooth I don't know if that contributed in any way.
Best of luck, hope you get your little girl. Sending lots of girly dust towards you xxx

Thanks ladies!

DH is convinced we have to have an unplanned pregnancy to get a girl LOL

I dont think i could time ovulation perfectly enough to do O+12. plus I got pregnant with DS2, DTD the day after ovulation (dont know how many hours it was though).

I am pg with a girl after 3 boys. Things I did differently that I believe made a difference are:

1. BD 3 days before O (so shettles) my boys were all day before or day of O.
2. DH took hot shower just before and was on decaff coffee
3. Abstained for 7 days
4. Went straight to toilet after so alot drained out
5. Rubbish diet as was xmas/ new year (usually eat healthy)

Good luck in your attempt.

I have 3 boys 21, 18 and 12 and I got pregnant at 40 by total accident. I was overjoyed , sadly I gave birth to my Ava at 20 weeks and we buried her on 3-11-2011. Ava was a beautiful surprise that could not stay.
I know for a fact when she was conceived, it was 3 days before my ovulation, i don't know if this method is true but the numbers are high for success. It worked for me although I didn't know i was doing it, so yes I believe maybe your chances are better with this method, but it could take longer and it takes planning also, you have to know exactly when you ovulate.

I wish you all the best!! XOOX :hugs::hugs:

Just want to wish you the best of luck on getting your lil girl hun.

I was using the Ovulation Predictor Kit and it was positive for about 3-4 days. We dtd on the first day of a positive test, then my hubby thought he had a UTI so we didn't the rest of those days. Wasn't trying to sway it one way or another (I just wanted to get preggo right away lol), and I don't remember exactly how those test strips work. If they predict ovulation before it happens, or right when it happens? Im sure someone else would remember better than me. I had a girl against all odds (seemed that way to me) since my hubby had 4 brothers and I have 4 brothers. Neither of us has any sisters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->