• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For those that have had kids already

thefirstbaby

Expecting #2!!
Reaction score
I am 38 weeks pregnant and today I was checked and told I'm 2.5cm dilated and 50% effaced... My mucus plug is totally gone. I'm not in active labor yet ... But I was wondering how long should I expect to be pregnant for.... How long did it take you to go into active labor from 2.5cm? What are some things I can to do move things along? I've been walking and bouncing on a birthing ball. I have occasional sex... A few times a week. Any tips? How long do you think til I go into labor?

I know everyone is different but I just like to hear other people's stories and advice.

Thanks

its hard to tell, bounce more and do the deed a bit more, also walk walk walk and you have a baby next week. Personally i went over with my 1st, thinking the same for this one :)

Mr dr always joked if she could pin point what is the switch that triggers women into labour she'd be a rich woman. Hahahaha. Unfortunately no one knows what it is that finally flips the switch for the body to be in labour. My girlfriend walked around 4 cm dialated for a week and I had a check one morning and was zero dialated but went into labour that night....so it's so hard to say. It sounds like your body is SO there...and when you do go into active labour it sounds like you'll go quick....so good luck girl!!! Go for a nice walk and just try an enjoy the last few days you have....personally I think it's the stress free feeling that gets things moving!

Hi hun, I'm in exactly the same position as you :) lost my plug on Sunday and more yesterday, I'm 2cms dilated, with a soft frontal cervix. I've had two kids and with the first I was 3cms dilated at 40 plus 5. With second, I was completely unfavourable at this point. Never had a show before this pregnancy this is new to me. I think unfortunately there's still no way to know when we will go, we are heading in the right direction but it still means very little :( it's so annoying isn't it? My labours are ridiculously fast. I had my last daughter in fifteen minutes. As my cervix is opening, I might try some sex tonight to see if that does anything. He he, I wouldn't be trying it for any other reason at this stage! Good luck hun, keep me posted as we are in the same boat xx

Thanks.
I was induced with my first do I'm not sure what to expect this time around.

Same, I was induced with both so haven't a clue how natural labour starts!

I was two cm dialated with my first for three weeks +. With my second, I wasn't dialated at all until about 12 hours before I had him! You can never tell.

I wish I had an answer for you...it's just so hard to tell.

With my last I didn't even know I was in labor. I had a regularly scheduled doctor appointment and found I was 3cm. They sent me to the hospital to be monitored (I was only 35+6 at that point). By the time I got there I was 5cm. 7 hours later she was here......I barely felt any pain.

It was very strange. I joke that had I not had an appointment that day, I probably wouldn't have even know she was coming until the very end.

Is it possible to dilate without contractions? I'm
Unsure of this because my doctor says I'm
Probably having real contractions but I'm not sure how to tell them apart from bh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->