For those TTC # 1

I didn't get to breastfeed :nope:

This might sound awful, but I was always very uncomfortable with it & I don't know how I would deal with it again. I've kicked myself over and over again for feeling this way, but it's still there.

Ok, seriously, yes my nipples did crack and bleed. But, it didn't stop me from nursing 3 kids for a combined total of 57 months. So obviously it all works out.

57 months! You deserve a medal. I told my DH, after this one, I'm spending the kids' college fund on a boob job, lol.

Not a bad idea! I need one of those myself.

OMG!

Now I knew about pooping in labour but cracked and bleeding nipples :nope:

OMG!

Oh my dear, you will be fine! Actually, the best advice I can give anyone, is take everything you have read and throw it out the window! Lol. Like anything else in life, you'll find what works for you. It will be unique, special, and completely yours!:hugs:

I must admit DH was laughing at the look on my face as I read the thread as apparently I looked more and more horrified but he then said if it was that awful women would only do it once and gave me a hug :)

I must admit DH was laughing at the look on my face as I read the thread as apparently I looked more and more horrified but he then said if it was that awful women would only do it once and gave me a hug :)

You and your DH look adorable together!

OMG!

Oh my dear, you will be fine! Actually, the best advice I can give anyone, is take everything you have read and throw it out the window! Lol. Like anything else in life, you'll find what works for you. It will be unique, special, and completely yours!:hugs:

My sister breastfed 4 kids and never had cracked and bleeding nipples. She did give me this small book that was a lifesaver for her while breastfeeding. Like she said everyone is different.

Well. . . I'm ttc #4.
I think that says a lot!

Thank you all :hugs:

I have always had a fear of the unknown :(

You are so welcome and feel free to ask anything, it's why we're here!

I saw you are working on weight loss! Big congats on that. I wish I were that motivated. :hugs:

Well at my heaviest in 2003 I was 294lb :nope: I have got down to 238lb but would love to get down to 168lb (although the medical charts say I should be 140lb for my height) but thanks to my dogs it has not increased for 6 months but have now dug the Wii Fit out and will eventually hit my target weight and hopefully by the end of next year :)

I am doing to really slowly as I don't want to stress my body whilst TTC :)

And thank you for saying I can ask anything :hugs:

I have been kicking around the idea of a Wii Fit for ages. It looks so fun! You should be proud of that weight loss! That's a hell of an accomplishment.

I do love my Wii Fit :) but have neglected it :( I love the variety of activites :) I fancy getting the Zumba for the Wii but possibly a little energetic when TTC :)

Back to the poo, did you know that your baby gets its first digestion flora from passing by you backside? And this is really important to prevent allergies and other problems later in life. So yes we might want it to be all clean and attractive but nature has it all worked out for us.
I laughed out loud ready this thread, you lasses are great. As for pain, bleeding nipples and poo if I get a healthy bubs I´m ready for it....BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Back to the poo, did you know that your baby gets its first digestion flora from passing by you backside? And this is really important to prevent allergies and other problems later in life. So yes we might want it to be all clean and attractive but nature has it all worked out for us.
I laughed out loud ready this thread, you lasses are great. As for pain, bleeding nipples and poo if I get a healthy bubs I´m ready for it....BRING IT ON!!!!!!

I want to say yuk but that is quite interesting and makes me wonder how a c section affects a babies digestive tract

I want to say yuk but that is quite interesting and makes me wonder how a c section affects a babies digestive tract

The lactation consultant at my work just went to a seminar on this topic. She said that the flora in a babies GI tract is different for LIFE if it is born via c-section (we all laughed when she suggested that we put a finger in the mom's vagina and then into the babies mouth. Gross, but she may have a point. Babies are designed to house that specific bacteria.). Also, the flora is different for life if given even 1 bottle of formula!

That's something to think about isn't it!

Re: the poo

I never knew about it until a former colleague told me about the birth of her daughter and said "I wish I'd never had a chicken curry the night before!"... lovely!!

C xx

We have a wii (hey that rhymes! lol) but no wii fit. Got mario kart tho! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"