For those who came off the BCP - how long till first AF?

lmel16

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im now 8 weeks post coming of the BCP, i thought i ovulated 3 weeks ago and no AF. I dont think im pregnant as have no symptoms, did a test also about 1 week ago just before period would have been due if i did ovulate. it was of course :bfn:!

Just wondered how long it took on average before the first AF arrived.

Thanx Melx

Took me about 7-8 weeks for first AF, but I think it can vary a lot from what I've read on here. Good luck!!

I was lucky and mine came 28 days after stopping the bcp, one of my friends has been off for 6 months and still no sign of it.

Hope things sort themselves out soon for you x

Hi there- I went off July 19th- still no ovulation, no AF...Keep me posted- we seem to be in the same boat!

Had w/drawal bleed in Oct, then nothing til mid July - 9 long months. Hope yours returns sooner than that hunny x

I came off BCP on the 9th january, had the withdrawal bleed that started on 12th january, since then my AF's have come on 12 february, 12 march, 11 april, 17 may, 13 june, 16 july and 17 august.

hope this helps. Everyone is different though.

I had an opposite experience than some ladies that have posted. I had my 3 periods in about 7 1/2 weeks coming off the pill, then it went to 25 days with ovulation and now I'm about 29 days.

Good Luck! :dust:

Oh! Scariest thread EVER! :( I was just put on BC for a month or two. I am definitely supposed to take it until at least Sept 23, then I will be under the care of a fertility clinic. I was told that they would basically "manufacture" my cycles after coming off though. I do so hope that means that I'll be given Provera, Clomid, trigger shot, and post-O supplements if necessary. If I didn't have to guess at anything, I would be SO happy! Otherwise, I'm terrified of what I've just gotten myself into now. Luckily, I have a filled Clomid prescription in my purse. I guess I could always take it into my own hands if I don't like the way I"m treated there. :(

What BC was everyone on? I was given Ortho Tri-Cyclen. *sighs*

~*BABY DUST TO YOU ALL*~

Megg - youre only on it for 2 months mate, shouldn't take long for you to go back to normal.

I took 5 weeks for first AF, next cycle was 41 days and Lord only knows what's going on with this cycle!!!

Megg - youre only on it for 2 months mate, shouldn't take long for you to go back to normal.

I took 5 weeks for first AF, next cycle was 41 days and Lord only knows what's going on with this cycle!!!

Good to know. I honestly didn't even know if the length of time taking it effected how quickly you get back to normal. Technically, I'm taking it so I CAN get back to "normal"... not that I know what that is anymore!

I've been following you... I still have my FX'd for you this cycle! :) Plus, your avatar makes me SO happy! You all look so elated! :)

I just want people to realise that everyone is different and not to let people who have waited for AF for a long time to scare them.

I seem to be on the other side of the spectrum

I have been on different types of BC in my life and with each time I have got AF shortly after stopping.

This time was the longest.
Took my last BCP on July 18 and AF arrived on July 24. I was on Orthocept.

I was on depo and when I stopped that I got my AF quickly after
Also have been on Ortho Tri Cyclen and got AF within 3 days of stopping.

Yay for someone on the opposite end of the spectrum! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->