For those who chart - what does OH say?

alex_85

Reaction score
I am not TTC any time in the forseeable future, me and my OH haven't even talked about a timeframe for having children, but I came off the pill a few months back, and I started to chart for the first time this cycle.

Now, I am currently doing my MSc in a different country, so obviously my OH hasn't seen me taking my temp in the morning (or being obsessed with BnB:blush:). However, I'm moving back home in two weeks to do my dissertation, and the plan is that once I get settled I will be moving in with him. I pretty much stay there every day our work schedules dont clash anyway, so he is going to know I am charting.

How do I explain it to him, without freaking him out and giving him the idea that I am trying to get pregnant or something, cos I bet that is what he is going to think. We are currently using withdrawal, which I've told him has its risks, but he is very good about pulling out in time. If I DID get pregnant, I don't want him to think I somehow planned it, like I knew when I was the most fertile or something. I'm probably being unfair to him, but I know how men can be :wacko:

Anyways, what do your OHs think about your charting, and how did you explain it to them without them thinking you are trying to get pregnant?!

Maybe you could try telling him it's a great way to make your chances of getting preggers even less, as you know when you're ovulating so can avoid getting jiggy for a few days around that time each cycle?

My OH is fine with me charting and we're not currently TTC, but I do have PCOS so the irregular cycles this causes makes up a large part of my excuse for doing it ;)

Well we're ntnp but my husband thinks charting is BS..
He thinks its stupid, he doesnt mind if we dtd while im ovulating..
i dont either but its just that i wanna get to know my body and check if i ovulate every month..

he doesnt care about it..

You could tell him that you're charting to see if you ovulate, and when you ovulate, and you could tell him then you'll know when you get your period.

You could tell him that you're charting to see if you ovulate, and when you ovulate, and you could tell him then you'll know when you get your period.

Yeah, thats true. He always says I turn into a moody cow when I'm getting my period, he's my little detection unit... although sometimes I reckon he must think I'm getting it every day of the month :haha:

I can so imagine him being like your hubby and saying its bs. Holly81 is right though, if I says its a backup to withdrawal it might go down well.

Thanks for the advice girls :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->