for those who have been pregnant/had children?

Ley

mum to 3 pinks
Reaction score
Do you find that since being pregnant you think about the chances of pregnancy a whole lot more?
I fell pregnant with my first at 19 but before then the thought of becoming pregnant had never crossed my mind and I once went 5 months without a period and never gave it a second thought.
Now I find that I can't just have "care free sex" without always thinking about the consequences and I await my period every month now too.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing but sometimes I wish I could have those days back where I wasn't constantly thinking about when my period was due and if we had any "accidents".

Hi, i can't say i feel like that.Its probably more the other way around! Before we began trying i was petrified i'd somehow get pregnant as though it was the worst thing in the world and it did put a bit of a downer on the sexytime but now i am more carefree and its much better! I just have the opinion now that if i got pg i know i can cope and i would see it as a blessing so its not so scary. Just shows how different peoples perceptions of events are i suppose! xxxx

I'm similar to you Ley. I never used to even know when my period was due, and I used to caught short all the time. In my early twenties I remember skipping a period or two and not worrying about it at all!

Since my pregnancy last year I think about the possibility every month and anxiously check the calender to see if I counted right etc. If its a day late I start to fret. Its silly because I know we are protected but I worry anyway. I think its normal - once your body and mind are awake to the possiblity of motherhood I doubt its easy to forget about it.

No not really hun as I have the implant. But before it was put in I wouldnt let my ex come near me :rofl:
xx

Hi, i can't say i feel like that.Its probably more the other way around! Before we began trying i was petrified i'd somehow get pregnant as though it was the worst thing in the world and it did put a bit of a downer on the sexytime but now i am more carefree and its much better! I just have the opinion now that if i got pg i know i can cope and i would see it as a blessing so its not so scary. Just shows how different peoples perceptions of events are i suppose! xxxx

I was like this too - thought that I would immediately get pg if anything happened. So ofcourse I thought once we started ntnp/TTC I would get pg right away! From when we started ntnp it took almost 3 years LOL! So this time we are starting right away - we wanted to start TTC now, but haven't seen AF yet!

xx

I worry about it a lot but that's only because I've been on antidepressants. If I hadn't been on antidepressants we were going to stop preventing about 6 months after she was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->