For those who have had their 20 week scans

claire1978

Mum of 4
Reaction score
Ok Im being completely forgetful, anyone would think Ive not been pregnant before, but when u go for the 20 week scan do u have to take a urine sample, do they take blood, I just cant remember what is involved, I know at my 12 week scan it was just the scan and thats it

I didnt have to either, just a scan and blood results from previous apt

i took a urine sample with me to mine but they didnt ask for it!! No bloods were taken either just a scan was done!!

Hi hun no they just scan you and give you a print out to give to your midwife. I had my bloods and urine done at 16 week check up. x

I didn't take a urine sample and then they asked me for one, but looked at my notes and saw that I had taken one to the midwife the week before. I'd take one just to be on the safe side, good luck!

Thanks for ur replies, Ive just realised that I have got my next midwife appointment next week so Im assuming all the bloods, urine etc will be done then, if they ask for a urine sample today I can do one there or I might take one just in case, decisions, decisions

Hey hun, at your 20 week scan all they do is your scan to check for abnormalities - you don't have any blood tests and you don't need to take a urine sample - you'll have more bloods taken at around 28 weeks and your midwife will want a urine sample when you see her at the next appointment after the scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->