For those who have had their 20 week scans

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by claire1978, Sep 30, 2008.

1. claire1978

claire1978 Mum of 4

Ok Im being completely forgetful, anyone would think Ive not been pregnant before, but when u go for the 20 week scan do u have to take a urine sample, do they take blood, I just cant remember what is involved, I know at my 12 week scan it was just the scan and thats it

2. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

I didnt have to it was all done by my midwife

3. izzy29

izzy29 Well-Known Member

I didnt have to either, just a scan and blood results from previous apt

4. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

i took a urine sample with me to mine but they didnt ask for it!! No bloods were taken either just a scan was done!!

5. khartnett

khartnett Well-Known Member

Hi hun no they just scan you and give you a print out to give to your midwife. I had my bloods and urine done at 16 week check up. x

6. becky1978

becky1978 Mum to a 5 year old

I didn't take a urine sample and then they asked me for one, but looked at my notes and saw that I had taken one to the midwife the week before. I'd take one just to be on the safe side, good luck!

7. claire1978

claire1978 Mum of 4

Thanks for ur replies, Ive just realised that I have got my next midwife appointment next week so Im assuming all the bloods, urine etc will be done then, if they ask for a urine sample today I can do one there or I might take one just in case, decisions, decisions

8. Rayven

Rayven Well-Known Member

Hey hun, at your 20 week scan all they do is your scan to check for abnormalities - you don't have any blood tests and you don't need to take a urine sample - you'll have more bloods taken at around 28 weeks and your midwife will want a urine sample when you see her at the next appointment after the scan.