For those who have laboured before!

Starts off like period pains then changes to something you can't really explain! So intense, a feeling you can't control. But the moment just takes you and before you know it your gorgeous baby is in your arms! X

Oh goodness think I'll just have to hope and pray!

Charlie I plan on hypnobirthing with a tens also. I'm.having twins so won't be able to go past 7cm anyway without them putting in an epi so at least I know the relief won't be too far away x

I'll be 14 weeks on Thursday, I'm just sort of stalking the second tri board at moment lol. But I'm also having twins!

I think the initial contractions are very similar to period pains, with my previous children they have been for me anyway! Towards the middle/end maybe a bit less period and a bit more 'possessed by demonic creature inside stomach with a chainsaw' haha seriously I thought I was dying. My first labour I was begging for epidural, second was a fast labour with no pain meds (went from 5-10cms in half hour) when they told me it was too late for an epidural I cried my eyes out and said I didn't want to play this game anymore lol. But the begging is very similar, I suffered with extremely heavy painful periods too, but since having my children they've actually got a lot tamer x

I used to have terrible period pain and it was always much worse if I had gone a few months without a period. They used to get so bad that I felt like I would pass out and were heavy too. I think it definitely helps you through labour as the pains you get are intense.

Just to let you know, mine has got better with age and also with each child

Before getting pregnant with DD, I also had some horrible period pains. Sometimes so bad I couldn't breath or move, and I just wanted to cry up and die. I could sometimes they could be as bad as labour pains. But labour pains Get much worse as time progresses.

Good news, since then I have had mild to no period pains. Nothing disruptive of my life or anything.. Could just continue on without even batting an eye.

I had terrible periods through high school, I'd be on the floor crying in the fetal position, it was awful.. when labor started it was like the worst period pains I'd ever had but with relief between.. I was entirely ready to do a natural birth, I'd taken classes and prepared myself for everything..or so I thought. I went to the hospital at 4cm. I didn't have the extreme tightening that some of the other women are talking about, I had blinding pain..my eyes were open but I literally couldn't see anything, I was screaming so bad it was terrible..finally they gave me dilotted and then got me the epidural..it felt like forever. That being said, every baby and labor is different, and as soon as the pain was over and I had my baby boy it was incredible and I would have done it again in an instant..the experience was so amazing, I'm looking forward to it this time. One day I'd like to try to do it naturally again, but not this pregnancy :)

i have never begged anyone for a spinal block when on my period but did in labor its a little like period pain at the very beginning try not 2 think about it we all have to go though it and there is pain relief x

Thanks everyone! I live how different everybody's experiences are. No matter how painful it's such a special thing to have the priviledge to go through an I can't wait xx

it is very exciting and the pain goes as soon as you hold your baby ;) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"