For those who have used soft cups

chocolatechip

Reaction score
So I bought some soft cups for this first cycle of TTC and I tried one out during my period, but it was very large and invasive. Embarrassingly enough, I'm not even sure if I'm inserting it correctly.

Does anyone have any tips on using soft cups? How do you insert it quickly enough so that everything doesn't "fall out" (TMI sorry)?

Did anyone found that the soft cup actually made a difference?

I haven't used them to TTC, but I've used them for AF. I was starting Depo two years ago and AF was constant and I liked that you could still dtd with a soft-cup in ;)

I found it was really uncomfortable at first too. After using them more, I found that it's really important to get it placed correctly, far enough in that you can't feel it. Which is a bit of a trial-and-error artform. Seriously. I would recommend just practicing until it's kinda smooth putting it in. I've NEVER reached a point where I can take it out without making a mess though lol; which is why I don't think they're work friendly for me haha. Nothing like walking out of the stall looking like you just murdered someone in there ;)

I've been tempted to use them for TTC, but I think my hubs would give me that "look".

I'd say it's probably best to keep them on your bedside table (or in it) and not get up when inserting it post bd'ing. That will help keep everything inside. I've read a lot of ladies "smush" the bottom of the cup against their cervix a couple of times after it's inserted, to help push those sperm in. Thankfully your lady parts are climate controlled ;)

Hey Hun sorry but I just wanted to ask how you worked out the percentages out on each cycle it's fascinating.

I'm looking into softcups experiences too as looking to purchase some tomorrow for this cycle x

I failed at my only attempt. The dang thing went in sideways, or something, and my efforts to correct it just made it all much worse. I ended up losing the, aherm, "stuff" I had been trying to keep in. Then it got stuck somehow and I panicked. I was finally able to fish out, but I decided that from them on I would just try to lay in bed for a bit after DTD. :p

Im on board with you, this will be my first cycle to ttc with soft cups I am very optimistic as it will be right on my cervix :) cd 1 what about u?

I ordered some to try next cycle! Kinds excited kinda nervous. More excited about not having to pay for female items every month. Lol

It takes a few tries. I just followed the instructions. I squeezed the rims and inserted like a tampon. Then I pushed it back as far as I could and kept pushing on the rim until I felt and kinda heard a little pop sound. It stayed in for me. When I took it out I gently pushed the rim up and I could feel the suction release and pull it out. It's easier said than done. You'll get it :)

I used it a couple of times when ttc my dd but I have small hands and short fingers so I had trouble getting it off, hubby had to fish it out for me. Great for the purpose thou xx

Hey Hun sorry but I just wanted to ask how you worked out the percentages out on each cycle it's fascinating.

I'm looking into softcups experiences too as looking to purchase some tomorrow for this cycle x

It's on FF Hun... I use it on my mobile and it's at the bottom of the page. Click on Pregnancy Monitor... early pregnancy signs xx

This month was my first month using soft cups, and it was quite easy. I just slid the cup inside of me while scraping the sides of my walls to ensure the sperm made it in. Like awnmyown said... Once in place, i "smushed" the plastic part against my cervix so the sperm could get in my uterus. Then, I made myself have an orgasm afterward which helps the sperm get sucked up into the uterus. I really think soft cups increased my chances this month. 9 DPO, so we will see in a few days.

I think you'll get it after a few tries. Fx you you!!!

Oh the percentanges aren't from FF; the FF analysis percentage is based on your timing, ovulation, temps and symptom spotting. It's like it's "guess" on the chance you'll be pregnant based on what you're telling it.

The percentages in my signature are from Countdowntopregnancy.com. They have a great page that takes you age and tells you what percentage of people your age would be pregnant by that month of TTC. So while it's 15% chance each month, the more months you've TTC the higher your odds are to have conceived.

I like it, because I feel like 40% of my peers will have conceived by month 3, which is AWESOME because that's really great odds I could be one of them!

But it also reminds me that 60% of my peers also won't have conceived after 3 months of trying, so if AF comes, hey, I'm just in the "normal" 60% of folks who'd still be trying :)

Here's the page. It's age adjusted too:

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/age_fertility_calculator.php

Thanks ever so much Hun sorry to pinch your idea but it gives me more hope as the percentages go up, fingers crossed for you bfp x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->