For those who KNOW when they O

BeachyFeelin

Reaction score
Be as specific as possible, I don't care how TMI it is!

I think I am one of those women who just doesn't produce a lot of CM around O time. It can be very confusing trying to figure out if I even did O. I have tried opk's but I don't have the chance to use them every day at the same time so I don't' think this is a reliable method for me. Temping is out because I don't usually sleep well and I'm afraid that might mess with my temps.

For those who just know when they O. What did it FEEL like? Be specific!!

Also - when checking your cervix (if you do), what does it feel like before and after O?

I haven't been producing hardly any CM since I stopped taking birth control a few months ago so I've also had to find alternative ways to determine when I'm ovulating. I do temp even though I don't sleep well or always go to bed or wake up at the same time. I've still been able to see a clear enough pattern to predict when my period will start and when I ovulated. So maybe you could still just give it a try to see if you have a pattern or not. As for other symptoms, I also seem to get cramping when I ovulate. It's not nearly as painful as period cramps and it seems to be more localized than normal cramps I think. I've also tried checking the cervix position, but I honestly can't tell if it's open or closed. And I've also noticed it being high and soft when I'm on my period (it's supposed to be low and firm), and firm while ovulating. I basically gave up on that method for checking.

Good luck!!

Thank you so much for your response. That helps a lot!

I think I will start temping now....might be my only indication of Ovulating.

I'm thinking that maybe I ovulated sooner than I thought this cycle. If that's the case there is no way we bd in time for this cycle.

Boo :( on to the next!

I sleep badly as well, I found that as long as i took my temp at the same time each day and made sure i didn't move around too much before doing it (even if I'd been awake for a while) then it was reasonably reliable. I would set an alarm for earlier than I'd normally wake up to temp, then go back to sleep for a bit as well, it seemed to work best.

I get very little CM as well, but I tend to get ovulation pain that's strong enough for me to know when it happens. I usually get intermittent pain right around my ovary for a few days before then I'll get some much stronger pain for a while (varies from a few minutes to a couple of hours) which then eases off after ovulation has happened.

I don't check my cervix because I can never reach it :)

Thank palladium! That was helpful!

I'm starting to think I don't ovulate since I don't have cm, have never had a positive opk and dont feel any pains around the time all my apps tell me I should be ovulating.

Maybe I'm assuming but I think it's time to make an appointment with my dr.

I agree that temping could help you figure it out. I don't get much ewcm, and sometimes it's at the wrong time. I also have a lot of bleeding due to a cervical ectropian, so if I didn't temp I wouldn't know where I was in my cycle. I try to take my temp around the same time every day. Most if the time I've been awake for a while and I lay there with my mouth shut until its time to take my temp. A few breaths of cold air and my temp reads a degree lower. Even with sound it like that I see a definite pattern. I also buy the cheap wondfo ovulation sticks and test 3 times a day. Amazon has them. If you have short surges you could miss it testing once a day. Good luck!!!

Well, for me, I get watery CM ALL throughout my cycle. Just before and day of O, I get EWCM. Then, it will go back to watery. I haven't had any watery CM after O this time, so that's a little weird for me :/ anywhoooo, I also get a dip in my temp on the day of O. I know you said you won't temp, but this is the way I confirm O. My cervix will become softer after O as well.

I started temping this morning...I know it's probably not the right time to start since I'm mid cycle, but I wanted to get in the habit of doing it!

Question - this morning, just now I felt some very mild AF type cramps, they don't seem to be lasting long, and nothing painful, very mild...could this be O related? I kind of feel how I feel when I'm about to start my period.

I'm an obsessed cervix checker so hopefully I will be able to help you out here. As ovulation approaches my cervix is at a medium height and feels open, I can maybe get a fingertip inside. When I'm ovulating it feels very open, wet and soft.
After ovulation my cervix starts to move upwards over a few days and starts to tightly close.
It stays that way until AF is due at which point it starts to drop down again and open xxx

I started temping this morning...I know it's probably not the right time to start since I'm mid cycle, but I wanted to get in the habit of doing it!

Question - this morning, just now I felt some very mild AF type cramps, they don't seem to be lasting long, and nothing painful, very mild...could this be O related? I kind of feel how I feel when I'm about to start my period.

Could be :) are you experiencing them on one side over the other at all?

I'm an obsessed cervix checker so hopefully I will be able to help you out here. As ovulation approaches my cervix is at a medium height and feels open, I can maybe get a fingertip inside. When I'm ovulating it feels very open, wet and soft.
After ovulation my cervix starts to move upwards over a few days and starts to tightly close.
It stays that way until AF is due at which point it starts to drop down again and open xxx

That is helpful! Thanks!

I was checking my cervix daily for the last week, I did notice the last few days it's felt more open....but without actually seeing it I wasn't sure. Monday and Tuesday night it felt more open then it did last night, that I know for sure.

I should say my gyno has told me I have a cervix that is tilted back...I have no idea if that will affect the way I check it for ovulation. I was told that a year ago when I wasn't trying so I just dismissed it as a general comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->