For those who MC after a normal pregnancy

Aquarius24

Mummy of 2 beauties!
Reaction score
Hi girls. My questions is for those women who have (like myself) had a normal healthy pregnancy(s) and baby and then gone on to have a MC afterwards... did you FEEl something wasnt quite right? I have just suffered a MMC and right from the start it felt different, I kind of knew something wasnt right...my boobs didn't seem to be sore at all and with my first pregnancy they killed and were really itchy! I was sooo tired but that was the only sympton and it seemed to be worse than the first time. So how about you? x

Yes I know what u mean, for me it was cm, just wasn't there this time round, not as many stretching cramps either x

Same as you. I was so sick the first time and this time I was just tired. I did start to fret that I didn't feel pregnant, even though baby made it to 9 weeks.

I felt the same way. I had no sore boobs or anything. I did have a back ache and had frequent trips to the bathroom. But I felt different about it and took so many tests after my BFP. I didn't want to tell anyone I was pregnant-where as the first one I couldn't keep it to myself!

I knew from the day after my bfp something was wrong.

My symptoms came and went but when they were there they were very strong.

I can't describe this feeling but I just knew. When the sonographer said I'm so sorry. I said it's ok, I knew!

By the way I've had three healthy pregnancies, three healthy babies xx

i didnt know at all hun, i had been throwing up from 5-6 weeks as i always do in my pregnancies and was even medicated for hyperemesis again....as i always get very poorly from exactly 5-6 weeks..... i was absolulty exhausted too but i was soooooo sick and running around after my son who had only just turned 1 year old....we only found out at a scan at 9 weeks pregnant and thats when we found out there was an empty sack...i had to have a d&c 11 days later as my body was showing no signs of expelling the sack....looking back the only thing that was different was that i didnt get sore boobs at all....with my pregnancies from my daughter and son my boobs were sooooooooooo painful that i cant even begin to explain how bad they was........i think that if we manage to concieve again i will be terrified if i dont get sore boobs again....the sickness is just parr for the course with me...i even get it when there is only an empty sack!

Ya, I have to agree with Poppielia. My first pregnancy, when I had DD, I had very few symptoms. My second pregnancy I had the worst morning sickness and felt very pregnant, it ended in a MMC at 13 weeks.

the gutting thing is i got told that because i suffer with hyperemesis in my pregnancies and i sometimes get so sick that i have to be hospitalised and put on drips ect was that it was a good sign because it meant nice lovely strong pregnancies.....we was gobsmacked beyond belief when they told us there was no baby at that first scan...it took ages to get our heads around because i had been so sick again as i had been in all my pregnancies!x

I felt the same as my last, but I knew something was wrong because two days before I started bleeding I wasn't feeling good and that wasn't nomral the day I started bleeding I was down for the count I knew then but didn't realize until later after it was done and said.

Its odd because with my daughter it went so smooth I NEVER expected this to happen ):

Also after I found out I "was then" pregnant I had a dream I had a miscarriage but shrugged it off. Dreams mean things I should have listen. With Karissa I dreamed of giving birth to a girl and a little girl standing next to me before I was pregnant with her and while I was pregnant with her.

In my situation, I didn't get a BFP with my second pregnancy until I was almost 3 weeks late. I never really believed that I'd have the baby - I felt like something was wrong. I was so sure of it that at my 12 week appointment, my Dr. did a quickie scan with a low resolution ultrasound in his office, pointed at it, and said, "There's your baby." and sent me on my way. I cried all the way home, because I didn't see a flicker on that ultrasound screen. The baby didn't look quite right...

Then, a couple of days later, I started spotting, and went to the ER, because I KNEW it was over - just as I had known from the very beginning. According to the hospital, my baby had actually died 4 or 5 weeks earlier.

I can't remember about physically feeling different, but deep down I knew for weeks that my baby wasn't alive.

It's been a year and a half, and still nothing....

I knew something was wrong, my lines weren't getting darker and the day before I started bleeding I felt "empty" if that makes sense...I wasn't hungry I just felt off and knew something was up

When I got my surprise bfp in May of this year. A week later I was very tired but no sickness or cravings or appetite. With Bryson I was ravenous for 2 weeks eating everything in sight until MS hit a week after that. At which point I could only hold down chicken noodle soup until 2nd tri. That time I didn't have the sickness or any other symptoms either. Other than being very tired I didn't feel pregnant. I just knew deep down that something wasn't right even though hubby was in denial. After my hcg dropped by 10,000 we knew the baby was dead. :cry: The next day the dr did a scan and confirmed that baby died at 7 weeks and I was 10 weeks along according to the size of the gest sac. D&C was that same day. Hoping for better luck this time around.

Yes, I had my daughter in August of 07 and was so very sick and with the following pregnancy I was not sick at all, I just felt something was not right. Went for my first u/s and all was ok, hb and everything. Sadly, at my next appt. there was no hb and had to have a d&c. I have since had 2 more mcs but all my testing is normal.

I did with my 5 week loss. Never saw it resulting in a baby at all. With Isabella I had no idea that it wouldn't be successful. I had all the symptoms which stopped at 12 weeks so worried a bit but then heard her on the doppler so thought it'd be okay.

I had hardly any symptoms with my first pregnancy, maybe just a bit of mild nausea which I contribute to my father passing during my first trimester.
With this past pregnancy, I had very sore boobs, had some nausea and was very tired. I had a gut feeling something wasnt right when at about 10 weeks along, I started to gradually feel better. Everyone else in first tri at the time said that was the point when you DO start feeling better, so i didnt pay too much mind to it. I had cramps nearly the entire time. We had already seen baby bouncing around and waving appendages in our 9 week ultrasound.

I knew something was wrong, my lines weren't getting darker and the day before I started bleeding I felt "empty" if that makes sense...I wasn't hungry I just felt off and knew something was up

I was the same with regards to appetite, I had none at all and with DD I was ravenous all the time! I defo think I knew subconscieously that someone was wrong as i felt so different physically and emotionally than last time x

Yes, I had my daughter in August of 07 and was so very sick and with the following pregnancy I was not sick at all, I just felt something was not right. Went for my first u/s and all was ok, hb and everything. Sadly, at my next appt. there was no hb and had to have a d&c. I have since had 2 more mcs but all my testing is normal.

so sorry hun xxx

thank you all for your replies...it does seem we all definately knew, deep down, that something wasnt right. I have come to terms with my loss now but am so scared of trying again in case this happens again but we will. we all will and wish you all the best of luck xxx

I knew in the back of my mind that something wasn't right! My first pregnancy I had a :bfp: at 10DPO, the second pregnancy I never got a :bfp: until 2 weeks later! When I went to the doctor to get blood work done my levels came back at 128 at 5.5weeks ... I knew then that something wasn't right, even though they went up to just over 600 3 days later! My first pregnancy the numbers were WAYY HIGHER! I only gotten sick once, and at the end of week 7 I just didn't feel pregnant anymore! Thats when I notice a very very LIGHT pink streak in my CM, but only when I wiped! So i went to the hospital and they did a u/s and confirmed it was a blighted ovum! :cry:

I'm really hoping, wishing, and praying that if we get pregnant it's normal! I can't help but worry though! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->