For those whose periods have returned

PB&J

Mum and pregnant
Reaction score
When your periods returned how regular were they?
I got my first PP period last month when Jen was 9 months old. It's been 35 days since then and I haven't had another. My cycle used to be about 28 days. I had a *very* slight tinge of pink once around when I was expecting AF, but it came to nothing.
Is this normal?!!!!

I think so; my periods were never regular before having kids, but when I had my kids they were even less so after they returned.

Phew. Was thinking I'd have to buy a HPT! I thought they mightn't go back to normal immediately, but I was surprised to get one after only nine months anyway!

With me I'd have the first one then one five or six weeks later and think I was pregnant (and with my first two I did end up becoming pregnant the next month after that). With mine my periods returned at 5 or 6 months, 10 months, and 10 months again so its pretty normal for them to return at this point.

It was 6 weeks between my first and second period. They've been slowly going back to normal, but they're still not there yet.

Mine used to be like clockwork but are now very irregular. Which is pretty awful when we'd really like to TTC soon. :dohh: They came back at 9.5 months and now range from 28-34 day cycles. It's completely random each month.

Mine are all over the place too. I had a couple of weird, spotting for 2 days then nothing style periods, followed by 2 mega heavy, feel like my insides are falling out of me periods, then what seemes to be a normal one at new years... Due (ish) again next week, so I'll wait to see what that one brings
I think it takes the body a while to readjust to everything & get back in the groove, so to speak. x

AF returned at 6 weeks PP for me :( despite exclusively BFing, then I had a very light period two weeks after but I've had nothing since! My LO is now 17 weeks old. I'm on the mini-pill though, I heard it can mess up periods.

I had one in October, the day after she turned 6 months. I can't say she'd started taking less milk really - not that I can pinpoint - but it may have been down to a week we spent on holiday when she had a bad cold and couldn't feed very well and went a while between feeds. She also slept longer at night from then onwards. That week she lost weight, so I'm thinking I may have ovulated as a consequence of her not feeding so well.

37 days later I had my next period (Nov). 26 days later I had my next period. Another 26 days and I had my next period. If this cycle is 26 days then it looks like I've pretty much settled back into more or less what I was before (about 28 days). However, she has only fed in the middle of the night a couple of times since she was 6 months old. She feeds about 6-8 times a day (reducing at the moment down to 5 or 6 actually) between 6am and 730pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->