For those who've had an Ectopic Pregnancy

Missalissa86

Reaction score
Just wondering, for any of you ladies who have gone through an ectopic pregnancy, what was your experience? What was the pain like and where? Was there alot of bleeding or just spotting? Could you sense that there was something wrong or did your pain/bleeding lead you to get things checked out?

Hey. I had an ectopic at 5 wks 5 days. I had no symptoms at first. I had some very small bleeding. Only once when i wiped and got in straight away at my Gp surgery. My Gp was really on the ball and sent me straight up to the early pregnancy clinic. I had bloods taken when I got there and a scan and they couldn't see a sac but they could see a shadow in my left tube. My bloods came back low at about 1400 and I was told it is looking like an ectopic. I was sent home and told to come back two days later for another blood test. But by the next morning I had a really bad pressure down there when I went to the loo and I couldn't sit down. When straight back in to the clinic and I was examined and told I had to stay in that night and that i would be scanned by the consultant the next day. Had more bloods and they had not doubled! Then had the scan and was told it looked like an ectopic and that I was bleeding into my abdo. That was about 4pm and by 9pm I was in having emergency surgery and they removed my little bean and my left tube. That was 8 weeks ago and the heart ache is still as strong. I have my good days, which lately are getting more and more but like today I'm having a down day. If I didn't stop myself and have a word with myself I would be in tears every day.

I wouldn't wish this on anyway. And I hope very soon we all get to hold our healthy babies in our arms.

Best of luck.

Love L.

XXxx

Hey,

I had an ectopic @ 6 weeks- I went to get checked out because i started bleeding lots- they told me i was having a mc and to come back in a couple days to get an ultra sound- i continued to bleed for days- when it was time to go for the ultrasound they said that i had an ectopic- within hours i was wheeled in for emergency surgery- i wasnt in extreme pain- my right side hurt a bit- turns out the ectopic was on my right side...
Most of the pain came after the surgery- Physical and Emotional :-(
I miss my little bean everyday

Good Luck
:hugs:

hi missalissa i also had an ectopic on the 7th april,this is what happened to me....i started spotting at 5 wks,so i went to see my gp,they did a test at the surgery and it came up neg,so i went away thinking i had mc..about a week later i still felt pg(i was going round to a friends house 1 nite for their birthday and would be having a drink)so this lead me to test and it was pos.i was so happy but really nervous,i went back to see my gp and was sent for a scan,but nothing showed up...bloods were taken every 48 hrs and my levels kept rising.but about 7 days after i had the scan they did another and it still showed nothing and my next set of bloods didnt double,i was offered the injection methortrexate(sp?)..(a consultant told me that i had a pregnancy of unknown location)but by this time i was so distraught the nurse told me to go home so i could get my head around all of this.
the next day i went for more bloods but again they didnt rise enough,by this time i had decided that i wanted to let my body to take care of things naturally(at this stage nothing was mentioned about ectopic) so this other consultant was quite happy for me to do this....but the next morning the nurse phoned me in quite a panic 2wanting me to go straight in as she didnt agree with me beeing let home the previous day...the nurse scaned me again just to make sure,but still nothing....in the meanwhile i had noticed some discomfort in my shoulder,when i mentioned this to the nurse she called for a different consultant..the next thing i knew i had all the theatre staff coming down to see me,i was prepped for surgery and put up on a ward....it turned out the little tinker was hiding in my left tube(which is weird as i was getting all the pain in my right)my left tube was removed..and thats basically it..i've probably missed bits:blush:

sorry its so long:flower:

i was almost 8 wks by the time i had my surgery

:flower:Thank you for sharing your stories, and I'm so sorry for everyone's loss! I'm not sure that this will help you guys, but my mom used to tell me something when I went through my losses. She said that God took my little bean back for awhile because he knew (even if I didn't)that our little angel wasn't ready to be with us, but it wouldn't take long before the time was right and God would send my little baby back to me :) In the end it would all work out for the best :) I don't think it takes away the pain, but it helps knowing that everything happens for a reason. I hope all of you get your healthy, happy angel back soon

awww thats a lovely way to look at it thanks missalissa:hugs:

I started with brown spotting then slightly pink then a slight stitch type pain. This lasted a couple of days then my left tube ruptured, I was 7 weeks gone and had to have emergency surgery that was in January, I was so please to fall pregnant again in May but when the brown spotting started I paniced. I had my hcg levels takem over 6 days which doubled every time but the stitch type started so I was admitted on Sat for obs, Mon night at 00.50 am it ruptured and I lost my right tube, my baby hopes are over

Lol wow! How do you stay sane!! I love my babies so much, but Im not sure I could handle more than 3 :)

I had an ectopic last year. I had no pain at first and spotted on and off - which is why I was so closely monitored. The night before I started bleeding very badly I felt a pulling / pulsing sensation on my left side (felt like a twitching nerve) not painful just uncomfortable, woke up the next morning to bleeding that got worse the next couple of days. By the time they scanned me on the Friday morning the baby was not in the uterus. HCG showed my body was still pregnant and it wasn't dropping so I had methotrexate.

Normal symptoms however are supposed to be a pain in your shoulder tip. Bleeding doesn't always occur.

hi missalissa i also had an ectopic on the 7th april,this is what happened to me....i started spotting at 5 wks,so i went to see my gp,they did a test at the surgery and it came up neg,so i went away thinking i had mc..about a week later i still felt pg(i was going round to a friends house 1 nite for their birthday and would be having a drink)so this lead me to test and it was pos.i was so happy but really nervous,i went back to see my gp and was sent for a scan,but nothing showed up...bloods were taken every 48 hrs and my levels kept rising.but about 7 days after i had the scan they did another and it still showed nothing and my next set of bloods didnt double,i was offered the injection methortrexate(sp?)..(a consultant told me that i had a pregnancy of unknown location)but by this time i was so distraught the nurse told me to go home so i could get my head around all of this.
the next day i went for more bloods but again they didnt rise enough,by this time i had decided that i wanted to let my body to take care of things naturally(at this stage nothing was mentioned about ectopic) so this other consultant was quite happy for me to do this....but the next morning the nurse phoned me in quite a panic 2wanting me to go straight in as she didnt agree with me beeing let home the previous day...the nurse scaned me again just to make sure,but still nothing....in the meanwhile i had noticed some discomfort in my shoulder,when i mentioned this to the nurse she called for a different consultant..the next thing i knew i had all the theatre staff coming down to see me,i was prepped for surgery and put up on a ward....it turned out the little tinker was hiding in my left tube(which is weird as i was getting all the pain in my right)my left tube was removed..and thats basically it..i've probably missed bits:blush:

That's very similar to me. One consultant said unknown location. One said ectopic. One said I could go home, one said I couldn't! This was after the bleeding started and my 3rd scan showed that there definitely was not a baby in the uterus. Its only because I threw a hissy fit that night that they allowed me out but I had to go back the next morning for the methotrexate injection. Mine sort of sorted itself out in that it didn't rupture my tube but did 'pop' and start bleeding (stitch feeling) - I was so lucky not to need surgery or lose a tube x :hugs:

It's always so scary to not know exactly what's going on with your body, especially when their is a baby involved! I'm glad you didn't lose a tube Faith :) So I see you are WTT, when do you plan on TTC again?

That's very similar to me. One consultant said unknown location. One said ectopic. One said I could go home, one said I couldn't! This was after the bleeding started and my 3rd scan showed that there definitely was not a baby in the uterus. Its only because I threw a hissy fit that night that they allowed me out but I had to go back the next morning for the methotrexate injection. Mine sort of sorted itself out in that it didn't rupture my tube but did 'pop' and start bleeding (stitch feeling) - I was so lucky not to need surgery or lose a tube x :hugs:

i think some docs just dont kno what the hell is going on:dohh: i'm just hoping my 1 good tube does the trick :thumbup:

I had an ectopic on the 7th of April this year and my little angel was 6-7 weeks.
My first symptom was very bad pain in my lower right side.. So bad that it brought me to tears.. Then a few days later, I spotted a tiny spot of blood.. When I spotted that.. I broke down and called my mum in a panic and asked her what to do.. Took myself to hospital that night and got admitted.. Next morning had an ultrasound and found that my levels had barely gone up and I was internally bleeding. Rushed into emergency surgery and had to have my right tube removed. Took 7 weeks for my HCG levels to go back to 0... :(

hey ladies,
I just saw this and thought I would post my story.

I fell pregnant in 2009 July. We were delighted and I didnt dream a nightmare was beginning. I went to the docs and they couldnt confirm it (low hcg) and then I started spotting. I went to EPAU and they kept an eye on me- scans, bloods every few days but nothing. At around 8 weeks they confirmed it was an ectopic and they sent me down for emergency op to remove right tube. I was devastated physically and emotionally.:cry: I had no symptoms what so ever other than the spotting prune juice like blood.

I waited the three months to ttc. I started monitoring using the CBFM, my CM, Temperature and using softcups. Fell pregnant again in December 2009 only to MC at 5w in January. :cry:

We waited a month and tried again and I fell pregnant again in March 2010. I think all the monitoring was working great but at this point I began to think my age was perhaps the problem (I was 36) Anyway Pregnant again in March only to have a blighted ovum at 9 weeks. I was so devastated and lost.:cry:

I packed myself off to train in Morocco for two weeks as a Yoga teacher (my dream) and then started Acupuncture with a guy who treated DH's friends wife who had 7 MC's. He advised not to try for three months. It was a relief to not be trying and I felt the stress shed off me! Fast forward three months and I was advised we could try again. I did always keep an eye on my cycle and with the CBFM knew when I would be ovulating. I hadnt used the monitor in months and was just thinking I need to dust it off to try again - it takes three months cycles to get used to your hormones.

I must have still been monitoring in my head as we were pregnant again. I upped my acupuncture and herbs for three times a week! Stopped Yoga and basically sat on tender hooks! Each day and week became milestones and I cannot tell you the utter disbelieve and relief when each bloods, hcg's and scans went ok.

The road hasnt been easy- We had our girl 5 weeks early and she was in SCBU for the first two weeks as she was just 1.585kg when she was born. They suspect I had premature ruptured membranes so I had little amniotic fluid from around 30w and she wasnt growing well.

But I am pleased to say she is a happy healthy baby.

I guess i just want to give you some hope, ideas and inspiration. I know when I had my ectopic, reading other peoples stories gave me hope. I am also on the Ectopic Trust web forum which is packed full of information and other ladies like us.

Sending you all lots of :kiss::hugs::kiss::hugs:

Minimin

minimin ur little girl is gorgeous,what a hard time you had b4 she came along...are you trying again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->