For those with a lunchtime nap

chele

Mummy to Max & Hayden
Reaction score
Do you give dinner before or after?

We are trialing Max on one nap a day which he has at 12pm. I've been giving him dinner before then but he's soooo tired and cranky (he's used to being up only 3.5hours before a nap normally, nasty mummy), it's really hard work and I am considering giving him a snack before nap and a big dinner afterwards.

What do you do?x

I tried H with a later nap yesterday - it didnt go well!! The nap was fine but then she didnt want to go to sleep until 8.30 and then still woke up at sparrow's fart this morning!

Hope it goes better for you!
x

Lucas naps about 11-1130 for two hours. He has a biggish bfast so I give him lunch when he wakes around 130 and tea at 5ish. I just make lunch more snacky like omlette, wedges, sandwich, etc and do a bigger tea

When Thomas first moved to one nap I used to give him a snack before his nap and lunch when he woke up. Because he would be too tired to eat lunch before going for his nap. But once he got used to it I moved to giving him his lunch before his nap and a snack when he woke up.

We did the same as Polaris initially :)

Then when Roo went to nursery, they give lunch at 11.30. It seemed to suit Roo well, so we changed our routine at home to match.

Snack before, lunch after. The childminder gives Ruby her lunch at 11.30am but I notice from the book she sometimes refuses it, and accepts it after her nap. On my days off, Ruby and I are usually out for part of the morning so i find the snack first, proper lunch after, works best here.

Adam is usually asleep over lunchtime (lately it's been 11am-2.30pm), so he has lunch after. On days where we're out in the morning and not back till after 12pm, he has a snack again before bed. It might be that he ends up having lunch really late (today it was about 4pm) but it doesn't seem to affect his dinner later or bedtime.

olivia has a nap about 12ish i feed her lunch after but she has a mid moring bottle of milk so wen she wakes up she will eat all her lunch

Rian eats breakfat at 8:00..then eats lunch at 11:30, then goes down to nap at 12:30 for about 2 hours. She always has a huge snack after nap as she is famished. I don't think she would make it through her nap without eating first. She loves her food

Megan has the same schedule that I used to use for daycare. Breakfast 8am, lunch 11am, nap - 12-2 pm snack 2:30/3pm, Dinner 5-5:30

When first starting the one nap a day I would push lunch forward about 15min & they would be napping by 11:15/11:30. After a month though they could handle waiting til 12:00 for nap.

Tom has a big snack about 11am then sleeps from 11.30am to 1/1.30pm. He has lunch when he's awake and ready - sometimes this isn't till after 2pm. He generally has a snack type lunch and then a big tea around 5pm. Seems to work well for him.

At nursery he has lunch at 12pm and then sleeps till 2pm. But often he doesn't eat much cos he's so tired.

Abigail has lunch at 12, then her nap at 12.30. Today was a disaster though, we went to soft play and so lunch was late, so then she had a late nap. She woke up at about 2, DH decided she had not slept long enough (I had gone out with George) so left her to go back to sleep until 4.
At bedtime she screamed for 30 minutes and didn't fo to sleep until 8.20. DH has gone out so missed the consequences of his map strategy. I was left yo juggle two screaming children :(

I give her a snak first before her nap at around 11.30, she sleeps for about an hour and then I give her her dinner when she wakes. I don't really like her going down for a nap after a larger meal, plus she generally ins;t interested in anything big before her nap so it goes to waste or back in the fridge etc until afterwards. :flower:

Ellie's nursery give her lunch at 11.30am. When she's at home, depending on what time she wakes in the morning, if she starts tiring at 11ish I give her lunch early and then nap. Otherwise she has lunch at midday and naps afterwards.

When Charlie's at nursery it's lunch at 11.30 then an hours nap, but at home it's usually a snack then he's asleep for sometimes 2 hours and has lunch when he wakes up! I've tried hard to stick to the routine he has at nursery at weekends but it never works! It doesn't interfere with the bedtime routine though :shrug:

Amy usually has lunch around 11:30/12 and then naps anywhere between 12 and 1. She usually only has a light lunch though and then I'll give he a snack once she's woken fully x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->