for those worried about weight gain..

icegurl470

Reaction score
I pigged out and gained 35lbs with my first baby and only managed to lose about 15 of it before getting pregnant with my second. Therefore, I tried really hard to keep my weight gain to a minimum. When I hit the 25lb Mark I felt like a failure, I really wanted to keep the weight gain between 15 and 25lbs and I tried really hard but my baby had other plans. My ob was happy with my weight gain but my pcp would make comments.. and I spent the whole last part of my pregnancy stressing out about it. Here I am two weeks out, however, and I weigh less than I did before I got pregnant! My Dr said it was all "baby" not sure how 30lbs can be all baby especially after I struggled so hard and failed to lose the baby weight from my first, but I'm happy. All that worrying I did was for nothing. My point is, As long as your staying healthy don't beat yourself up about weight gain. Apparently some pregnancies just really pack on the lbs and that's totally normal. Good luck!

I agree, I was doing quite well then in the space of a week or so I put on around half a stone. I'm not eating brilliantly but I do eat proper meals and try and snack on fruit. I'll worry about it after baby comes!!

Thank you for this! It seems my weight gain is the main topic of conversation at every appointment yet I've been trying so so hard to eat healthy and exercise so it's so discouraging! It never came up with my second at appointments.. I had an ob with her though and a midwife this time.. I don't know but it's super stressful this time! I feel guilty with every little non healthy thing I eat now. :/

Thank you! I have been trying to not stress about it but its hard and i have to constantly remind myself that it's temporary

My doctor and I talked about it today and ideally I should gain fifteen pounds. I have been so sick and it's been so hard to lose but I'm going to try do my best. My sister gained forty five and has only lost ten and her son is four. I really don't want to be an unhealthy mom. The doctor said my exercise is good, my diet is healthy and I am just going to do my best.

I really needed to read this! I still have 58 days to go and I already gained 30 lbs :( My doctor told me to slow down on the cutting but its hard because I really feel like I'm eating for two. Anyways, thank you for sharing this with us!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->