Foreigners

smelly07

Mummy of 2 girls & wifey
Reaction score
what is written below* was on someone's facebook status last night - i couldnt believe most of the replies it recieved and most turned my stomach and so i got into a MASSIVE debate about it and just had to have my say :haha: so thought it would make an interesting debate here too:

*The number of foreigners born outside uk and moved here rose from 4.6m to 7.5m between 2001 and 2011, no shit, and they're just the ones they know about, thats whats wrong with this country.

discuss????

Delete that person!
Why do people have such a problem with 'foreigners', they pretend they have good reason but I think they're just racist/culturist.

Of course it rose....the population in general rose....the world population is rising...10 years is a long time...I don't see why the media are making such a big deal of it (well I do, they're trying to get the Daily Mail readers riled up).

It's so boring, I wish these people would get something new to moan about. I would find it funny if their ignorance wasn't so frightening.

I also don't understand people who have no sympathy or understanding for those seeking asylum and refugees. It makes me so sad that they don't want to make these people feel welcome here when they've come from somewhere where they were so unsafe.

Also, all the students that have recently been thrown out of the UK, to make the government look ‘hard’ they have gotten rid of extremely bright people who were doing a lot to fund our higher education and bring new knowledge to the UK...London Met will be lucky to survive this, and what’s really sad about this is to hear people saying “good riddance”. They played right into the government's hands. Fools.

They were talking about these people - these human beings - like something they trod on - i did stand my ground however no one agreed with me which i find very alarming - i was shocked by these people thoughts

some other replies were:

the difrence is i go abroad i have to do what im told i dont demand churches to be built in a non christian country yet Mosques keep poping up all over the place i dont go abroad and ask for western union to open up every where to send the money home and bleed the country dry i dont go abroad and feel like the world owes me some thing and demand a house and wages to support my ten kids which now im here im gonna double because the brits are stupid and will pay at risk of offending every one but there own . its ok though for asylum seekers who are scrared to death of there own country to travel through 10 safe haven countrys to reach uk for the free NHS and bring it to its knees im not uneducated or racist i do how ever no from study that eastern europeans is now the power house in london for drugs prositusion child sex black market trading so they can all fuck off i do know that mac do stand in the streets spitting at our returning war heroes they do say they hate england and want to hurt it but first i need to get my giro . the prob with this country is the stupid naive people who put there heads in the sand or say your racist for saying you want england to help them selfs befor others they can piss off to eastern country where they will be stoned see if they still like them then

and

i can assure you where i used to live in london Nativity Play does not happen no more as they cant offend allah and his cronies i dont read the mail its extreamly right wing and i was not refering to indians or africans i was refering to the faiths that build Mosques not just muslims what ever you wanna call there place of worship . why should they have places of worship if i went to a muslim country and said i demand you build me a christian place of worship i would be killed my friend is a priest of christian religion he is also indian and mostly he studies faiths and ethics so when he says to me muslims are told from the age they can talk to hate the west you can see why he says its the majority of muslims that hate the west he said there was an uprising in north india and they had to put them in there place good on them un like us that cant offend them that attack us any way this was ***** status about whats wrong with britain and to many new arivals is whats wrong with britain and all religions and colours should say no more we are full and thats the words from my mate *** in the take away last night

i am trying to thank your post's guys but for some reason its not letting me :-(

I live in London and Elliot has celebrated Christmas, Diwali and Hannukah so far...I think that's brilliant! He's going to be a damn site more culturally aware than I ever was growing up in the back of beyond where I could count on one hand how many families were from a non-white backgrounds. Have they ever seen a mosque? Beautiful. Their complete lack of education and their arrogance is genuinely alarming and I am scared to say I don't think they're a minority. I embrace being British, I love our traditions, but you can be proud and still be open minded to other people's.

what i found alarming is that some of them didnt even realise that in other countries i.e india and pakistan and Africa not everyone is muslim - christianity and hinduism is practiced amongst other religions - shocking- someone said that the amount of people becoming muslim or the muslim religion has rose in this country and that has worried them!!!! and the polish were spoken badly off too - these people swore blind they were not rascist !

It looks like the comments on the BBC website, I never had bbc readers down as the type but I was horrified at most of the comments. this is the article
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20677515

As a foreigner myself I'm really disappointed, but not surprised. All you have to do is look through history, every time there is any sort of widespread hardship a scapegoat has to be picked and being a minority means we're first on the list. There is a lot of deep rooted xenophobia and racism in this society and it takes times like these to bring it out of people or for some it's just an excuse to be part of a mob. It's so cliché with the comments they come out with, "I'm not racist but" "This wouldn't happen in their country" it's all a poor attempt at hiding the fact that they're nothing but hateful racists full of prejudice with nothing better to do clearly.

You know you're going to hear something incredibly offensive the moment they say "I'm not racist BUT......" But just shut up!!!

I know a lot of people who think this way,its sad how ignorant they are.Its usually people who dont care to work for a living calling imagrants for receiving benefits.

I know a lot of immigrants and muslims and polish and chinese people and whoever else who work hard for a living and actually contribute to society and also a lot of white british people who think just cos they were born here they can sit on their arse and live off handouts,and believe making an effort is going to the dole once a fortnight to pretend they are looking for a job!

It makes me sick.

And as if the British are so well known for being polite travellers....sex on a beach in a muslim country ring a bell (and the reaction it got back here)....drunkiness....shouting at people in English because we can't be bothered to read a phrasebook...I know I'm generalising from a minority now lol but people forget what a nightmare we can be to live with, home and abroad! The British love to laugh at America's reputation but we've created one all our own!

:wave: I'm a foreigner! I paid over £8000 in visa fees to be here with my husband. I've noticed that people in general in the states are actually way nicer than those in the UK in general at times.

I personally would like to see those in the EU pay a fee to come to the UK...

:wave: I'm a foreigner! I paid over £8000 in visa fees to be here with my husband. I've noticed that people in general in the states are actually way nicer than those in the UK in general at times.

I personally would like to see those in the EU pay a fee to come to the UK...

That will probably happen one of these days... with the way our relationship with The EU is going!

I think it kinda is the way to go. I don't agree with insulting people that come from other countries. I mean, we all had to come from somewhere, right?

True, but that's the whole point of the EU I guess, to benefit all European countries with cheaper trade etc.

I can't believe it costs £8000, I had no idea, that's so much!

When i mentioned that 5 million brits have moved abroad almost 4 thousand brits move aborad each week and as people come in people move out and that brits are actually the foreigners in other countries as well- it didnt go down well !

Three separate visas. I came over on a fiancee visa, then had a spousal visa for two years and I've just been granted indefinite leave to remain. I was not allowed to claim any benefits. I was lucky I got Maternity Allowance when I was let go from my job :(

I think in general, people like that are really uneducated and insular. I really hate nationalism for this very reason though. There is obviously an issue with integration when it comes to multiculturalism in this country but I think it is usually down to the hostile british people!

What is funny is that I am sure that most of us are 'foreigners' in some way. I think a lot of the time this hatred of immigration is steeped in racism as you don't see so much hatred towards American or Australian citizens at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->