Foreigners

So, people from another country can't insult anyone or say anything bad, but you're free to call your own country stupid?

Exactly ??:wacko:

I dont know why Ozzies getting jumped on here, I dont think she was saying the entire country was like that as its impossible to know everyone shes only saying in her opinion. But yet others have said much worse. :nope:

It is so irritating how it is impossible to have a discussion or disagree with something without being accused of 'jumping on' a poster - is it not possible that I simply disagree with what someone said? Isn't that the POINT of the debate section? It is so pointless and just ruins the thread.

see my OH family aren't from the UK so i have no problem with foreigners however i can understand why people are getting a bit fed up over it (and i believe it is the government that do it) as for the fact that alot of the time foreigners do get put first especially when it comes to housing i also know some foreigners who actually get more money on benefits because of it/get child benefit for children not living in this country.
The UK is over populated and housing is hard to come by so yes i believe something does need to be done about immigration New Zealand and Australia dont get called racists for having strict boarder regulations so yes i do believe we should close our boarders incl to the EU and have a more strict approach but that doesn't make me a racist

This is exactly what I was referring to when I was ranting about misleading articles in the media. Where are you getting all this information from? Have you ever thought to even question any of it?

Do you know how much money asylum seekers receive in benefits a week? £37.7. And immigrants are an ASSET to the economy, they contribute more to government revenues than they receive in government spending. And birth rates in the UK are in decline, and if anything because the population is ageing we actually need more immigrants to help keep up the economy of a country with a high elderly population.

Maybe you're not racist but you sound incredibly ignorant. I cannot stand when people base opinions on myth, it is the reason why segregation is such a massive problem in this stupid country!

No its not myths its what I've seen and people I know in my area I'm sorry but we don't need immigrants to keep this country afloat we need the lazy people that refuse to work work

Like I said I don't blame the people I have a lot of friends from lots of different nationalities I blame the government I'm trying to show why some people aren't happy with immigrants

It was not a myth that there was a group of Muslims that walk around with banners saying British soldiers should all die and burnt a poppy in middle of a parade this is a minority yes but surly you can understand how this can get people's back up

I'm not gonna get into a big debate about it but I'm allowed my opinion just like everyone else

Knowing of a few isolated cases is anecdotal, not real evidence. Just because you know a few people in your area, that does not invalidate the research and statistics! And we DO need immigrants to help our economy, did you not see what I said about our ageing population?

I have no idea what the whole poppy burning thing has to do with immigration at all. Why would this 'get people's back up' more so than a white Christian Briton doing stupid shit too? Most Muslims are British citizens too, so why single them out?

ok I am the product of an immigrant..... I am not agreeing that people can be disgusting and racist. however we are a growing population..... and not from new births alone.... our population is ageing. we have to be sensible..no one should be saying people seeking asylum shouldn't be helped... I think eu migration gets on peoples wicks . forcing down labour pricing as their cost of living is less.

And aside from the fact that the idea that asylum seekers are a drain on the economy is a MYTH, shouldn't we be proud to live in a country that opens up its borders to people coming from devastated and war torn countries, to have a chance to bring up children in a safe environment? I very much doubt that it is easy to move from everything you have ever known, to a completely new culture, language and to be met with so much open hostility even from massive national newspapers!

But lou, you just said this is a stupid country :shrug: Which is it?

Oh come on I was just ranting, you are reaaaallly reaching there. I thought this wasn't worth your time?

Anyway, this is a good worth-while read. The dispelling of immigration myths are from p.10.
https://www.naar.org.uk/resources/PDFs/ASYLUMletter writing pack.pdf

No, but it's not nice when people nitpick YOUR posts, is it?

No actually I couldn't care less, but its still pointless to the debate which is why I am not going to bother justifying it again.

No, it really isn't pointless. I said that I felt people in the USA were nicer based on my experiences. You targeted me and blew it out of proportion. You really were a bully in high school, weren't you? People never change.

With that, I'm out. Have a nice life and I hope your daughter doesn't pick up your nasty attitude.

**Sorry admin. It had to be said. I'm blocking her now.

Actually Lou... you started all that with Ozzie. YOU picked her post apart for no good reason.

As for the OP, I'm not racist, nor am I ignorant. I embrace all cultures and backgrounds. I find anything different from my "norm" extreamly interesting. I was brought up learning about christianity, and I chose to be a satanist so any other religion is interesting to me beacuse its different.

That said, I can't bare it when I make every attempt to be open minded & learn about other cultures and people look down their nose at me, slam MY religion and basically act like they are better than me, cos they pray to a certain god.

The whole immigration thing, I don't care who comes into this country as long as they are willing to help our econemy & don't just want free handouts.

I want my son to grow up knowing there are millions of different types of people in this world & we are all equal!

I hate it when people complain about foreigners. I just went to a christmas event here at a vocational school and there was a stall there with some neo-nazi's giving out stickers saying "multiculturalism is a danger to children" (written in the style of cigarette packet health warnings). Stupid ignorant people.
And I really miss the multiculturalism of the UK, you don't get much foreigners here except in the big cities which is a pity as we have a aging population here too and really need more immigration but its hard to get a job as a foreigner here unless you're British or American.

Hang on, hang on...I hate arguments, but to say 'bully' to anyone is really not on. This is the debates section! Surely we expect strong opinions? For our comments to be picked apart? Are we not all adults, with strong views, debating them out and calling each other out?

I don't think Lou was rude or offensive? We all quote each other and ask for opinions to be validated? Surely this is an area where we all nitpick?

I know this is totally off topic, but it's made me a bit sad and surprised. :(

I lived in Turkey. I married a local and in my entire time of living there i was NEVER subject to any kind of racism, if anything i was treated better than the locals. I've travelled a hell of a lot and yet again i've never had any issues. The only country i've had problems in is my own one. We have a high proportion of "incomers" to our area, polish, turkish, chinese and asian and tbh 99% of them are hard working, honest people which is more than can be said about the bone idl,e lazy assed scumbag ex neighbours of mine who didn't/haven't done a decent days work in their entire lives. These same people have the audacity to sit there in the pub and run their mouths off about there being too many foreigners and how this is a "christian country" etc etc. I'd rather they got off their arses and got a job and paid their taxes than slag off the people who are actually paying their way in life.

Ozzi, i know what you mean :D

That article was based on 2002 figures so could be wrong now.I dont see how on £37.70 a week,the people I see around our area can afford gold jewellery,cigarettes,quinny prams and nike trainers amongst other things I wouldnt be able to buy.

see my OH family aren't from the UK so i have no problem with foreigners however i can understand why people are getting a bit fed up over it (and i believe it is the government that do it) as for the fact that alot of the time foreigners do get put first especially when it comes to housing i also know some foreigners who actually get more money on benefits because of it/get child benefit for children not living in this country.
The UK is over populated and housing is hard to come by so yes i believe something does need to be done about immigration New Zealand and Australia dont get called racists for having strict boarder regulations so yes i do believe we should close our boarders incl to the EU and have a more strict approach but that doesn't make me a racist

This is exactly what I was referring to when I was ranting about misleading articles in the media. Where are you getting all this information from? Have you ever thought to even question any of it?

Do you know how much money asylum seekers receive in benefits a week? £37.7. And immigrants are an ASSET to the economy, they contribute more to government revenues than they receive in government spending. And birth rates in the UK are in decline, and if anything because the population is ageing we actually need more immigrants to help keep up the economy of a country with a high elderly population.

Maybe you're not racist but you sound incredibly ignorant. I cannot stand when people base opinions on myth, it is the reason why segregation is such a massive problem in this stupid country!

No its not myths its what I've seen and people I know in my area I'm sorry but we don't need immigrants to keep this country afloat we need the lazy people that refuse to work work

Like I said I don't blame the people I have a lot of friends from lots of different nationalities I blame the government I'm trying to show why some people aren't happy with immigrants

It was not a myth that there was a group of Muslims that walk around with banners saying British soldiers should all die and burnt a poppy in middle of a parade this is a minority yes but surly you can understand how this can get people's back up

I'm not gonna get into a big debate about it but I'm allowed my opinion just like everyone else

You do realise that most of the people involved in this were british, not johnny foreigner?

Similarly, I've had some of the most disgustingly ignorant comments levelled at me about my own roots and heritage. Because people say something as a 'joke' doesn't make it any less offensive.

Perhaps the work ethic in this country is totally wrong. Rather than blaming people from overseas 'taking jobs'...and I hear this from everything from people washing cars to doctors...perhaps the UK should be examining its own approach to life, and doing some soul searching.

Naturally, racism exists on both sides...and any show of racism from any nationality is unacceptable. What upsets me is how often casual racism is accepted...

That article was based on 2002 figures so could be wrong now.I dont see how on £37.70 a week,the people I see around our area can afford gold jewellery,cigarettes,quinny prams and nike trainers amongst other things I wouldnt be able to buy.

How do you know that though? how can you tell somebody's background just based on their looks? because they're migrants should they then be dressed in rags so that they fit this idealised image of them better? I don't understand when material possessions affected someone's opinion on whether somebody should be here or not like they are some how less entitled to things because of it, I wonder if you give everybody the same scrutiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->