Formula Appreciation Thread!!

Formula is fabulous stuff, it should be praised much more than it is IMO. They have created a product that allows a baby to grow and develop normally and usually thrive in the absence of what they should have in an ideal world, BM. However we don't live in an ideal world and that can't always happen and formula allows many people who either can't or don't want to BF to have healthy, happy children without having to sacrifice their health, sanity or use their bodies in ways they don't want to. Formula is fab!!!

:thumbup: What a fab post!!!

Formula saved my health - I got one bout of mastitis and was on the way to getting another before I stopped expressing.

It also gave me time to just enjoy my daughter without stressing about feeding - for all the talk of 'bonding' with BFing, there's not a lot of talk about the negative effects when it's unsuccessful.

It lets me see how much she drinks which was vital when she was slow to gain weight initially. And it's helped get into a very good routine from an early stage. I also never feel self-conscious about feeding her in front of other people, which is something I would have felt if BFing.

Don't get me wrong - if I have another LO, I'll try and BF again, but if it doesn't work out, I'll be a lot more comfortable with the decision to switch again.

I have been express feeding my LO since a week and a half, he is now nearly three months. He was a miserable cranky baby. He has/had reflux, and it was the only way I could get the Gaviscon into him.

He was still miserable. It has made me thoroughly depressed, to the edge of PND, as I havent been able to 'enjoy' him, as he is so cranky, always. I thought we would try the staydown forula we have been prescribed that we used to use just for the night time feed, for a few days to see if it made a difference. Almost overnight I have a different baby. WHether I was eating something he didnt like, or what, I dont know, but he is so much happier and chatty now, and my big dark cloud is starting to life. Horray for Formula!

I expressed EBM till 4 mths but always needed about two bottles of formula. My LO lost almost 2lb in three weeks due to BF issues post birth. Without the formula who knows what would have happened!

Before formula babes died of "failure to thrive"!

SMA is very very bitter and sour tasting dont think they've added anything to make that taste nice :haha: xx

Nah I'm not saying that I am saying they may have put in glutamates as many essential amino acids are glutamates but nothing to do with enhancing flavour, and some people are probably confusing this with MSG :D xx

:flower: xx

Formula is fabulous stuff, it should be praised much more than it is IMO. They have created a product that allows a baby to grow and develop normally and usually thrive in the absence of what they should have in an ideal world, BM. However we don't live in an ideal world and that can't always happen and formula allows many people who either can't or don't want to BF to have healthy, happy children without having to sacrifice their health, sanity or use their bodies in ways they don't want to. Formula is fab!!!

well said hun!! :thumbup: x

Its good to see all the positives of formula here :D

Its very true they dont speak of the negative of effects if bf'ing is unsuccessful. I have to admit I wont be attempting to breastfeed next time, will be having another section too and will need all OH's help and want to actually enjoy the next baby without any guilt xx

Formula lover here too!!

I tried BF to begin with but the cluster feeding and constantly being on my breast was just not right for me and my family. I have another son Evan who has cerebral palsy and is also very dependant on me. It is in a sense like having 2 babys, as I have to dress him, pick him up for the toilet and get him back off, shower him, do at least an hour of exercise with him a day. I obviously need both hands for this and could definatley not do it with a baby stuck to my boob!!

I did start to BF half-heartedly as in the hospital he had to have formula due to my gestational diabetes and his plummeting blood sugar at birth as there is alot more sugar in the formula than my initial breastmilk!!

Formula has definatley helped me in many ways!!

Great thread :thumbup:

Hooray for formula!!!

My baby was born prem, had surgery within 24 hours of life and it took forever for my milk to come in. Although I do breastfeed, i'm grateful there was an alternative and it certainly helped my daughter.

Great thread! I am combi feeding as LO wants to BF ALL DAY otherwise and after 2 weeks of crying on the sofa because I couldn't even get up to eat I started giving her formula sometimes. IMO I don't produce quite enough BM, LO was losing weight and I am a better mummy for not letting her starve!! It has saved my sanity and me, OH and LO are all happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->