Formula milk, hard water area

jenny82

Reaction score
Does anyone know if being in a very hard water area makes a difference if making up formula milk?

We used to live in a soft water area so it was fine. We now live in a very hard water area. We did have a water softener machine thing but it broke down when we had the storms a few months ago. Still waiting on the landlord fixing it but not even sure if it is a good thing or not because of all the tablet salt we put into it! We have a brita filter kettle but I don't think that does anything with regards to the limescale, so yes, any info you ladies have will be helpful :)

I wasn't sure myself, being on a well that brings up very hard water, so I err on the safe side and use bottled. Every once in a while I use some that's just been run through a Brita filter. It doesn't seem to bother his stomach but I don't want to run the risk of what straight from the tap would do.

Hard water is harmless, in fact it's healthier because it has extra calcium and minerals in it. Yes even for babies. Artificially softened water isn't safe to drink for anyone, it's too high in salts it's probably a good thing that machine broke xx

We use purified bottled water. We also have a water dispenser that you put a 5 gallon jug a purified water on and it had spouts you press to get either cold or room temperature water from.

Summer rain is right, the hard water is better for drinking than softened water. It's shit for cleaning your tub, but it actually contains minerals that are beneficial to us.

We live in a hard water area on a private well. We have a softener but never remember to put salts in it! We've used our own tap water from the day we got home from the hospital & now almost ten weeks later there have been no problems whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->