Forum Slowness

T

The.Doorman

When i am not logged in the forum is really fast but as soon as i login it goes slow.

I have spoken to vbulletin about this and they have informed me if i have had problems with the admin/mod staff then they will most probably have installed an add on to the forum to make the forum go slow to my self only.

Now i know you have removed one of my posts but i cannot see why you should use your vbulletin add on to slow down my experience to your forum.

Can you please correct vbulletin if they are wrong on this please.
Thank you.

There are many posts about this all over the forum. There is an issue with the size of BnB and it has outgrown its servers. Stircrazy has already posted elsewhere to say that new servers will be in place soon and things should go back to normal. We are all experiencing this, not just you. It seems unlikely that you are being victimised here.

It is pretty slow when I am using it so you arent the only one :)

Its strange that when i am not logged in it is really fast but soon as i login its slow as anything.

Hope it speeds up soon.
Thanks for your reply.

What? :confused: Maybe before throwing statements like that around you should wait/have waited for the reply to your technical support email. A thread was removed for review by myself this morning just to cover our own backs but I can assure you there's no 'problem' with your activity or membership.

Yes we have been having server issues which is still being resolved with much hard work and time behind it which it seems to be effecting different users and functions with no pattern to the problem (like for example we have turned off the visitors options on profiles as a temp measure).

Reporting the problem is helpful, technical support should get back to you soon if not already (currently not working in the same office which is why I am unsure).

It's actually most of us with the same issue as you... so you arent being victimised or whatever.

Guessing here, but it could be slower because when you log in there is ALOT more function and information that has to load when a user is logged in. A guest cant see a lot of the forum, a user logged in can see vast amounts of info and posts.

When i am logged out firefox loads the bnb home page much quicker than when im logged in...

:shrug: No need to accuse them of picking you out though, they run a business, they aren't playing games with it :shrug:

Wow, the team at BnB would never do such a thing, they are adults and as such if there was a problem would discuss it with you, not just slow down the forum for you. Some times they dont even have time for a tea, because of how much work this place takes so they wouldnt want to give themselves extra, either.

Remember when you log in you see loads more, including images. Mine occassionaly is running slow but nothing I am bothered about.

Sure SC, Wobbles and the rest of the team will have it running as smooth as usual, as soon as they possibly can :flower:

I've been out all day today, so not been monitoring the server. We are all having the same problem (even me):
https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/563442-forum-running-really-slow.html
https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/547578-why-bnb-still-so-slow-still-slow.html

...but all the software has been installed on the new server (and I now have access) so won't be long before I plan the transfer. That will stop all the sporadic problems we've been having with the database locking up (the forum will always be faster as a guest as there are less database queries).

Thanks for all you do, SC. I think it's important to remember that he does this in his spare time! Constantly moaning and accusing is not a very nice way to thank him. Obviously more users will lead to slower servers. I think we need to sit back and remember other people in this world :flower:

Thankyou for everything you do for us all on BnB. I am engaged to a software engineer and I understand and agree that server transfers take time and they aren't the easiest. My OH commented rather you than him, he hates dealing with setting servers up.

Can't wait for BnB to be back to normal functionality and hopefully other members will see and appreciate what you have done for us, Thanks again SC

I had a feeling the slowness was server load related. I don't personally know how to set that sort of thing up, but I am fairly computer smart and server load was my very first guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->