Found out on Tues about our MMC

Lynsay

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
Hi There,

To say I'm gutted really doesnt scratch the surface of how i'm feeling right now. I got to 13+3 at my scan when we were told that baby died at 8 weeks. Thats over 5 weeks of not knowing and I'm not really sure how I'm suposed to feel, but i'm feeling depressed and sick and pretty shit actually.

My Boyfriend and I went to hospital yesterday for my first tablet (mifop...something?) and now I'm playing the waiting game before going in tomorrow to have the internal tablets to disolve the womb.

I feel so wrong its unreal. We tried for about 7 months for this little miracle and now I'm praying for a quick recovery so we can try again. It would kill me if i wasnt pregnant around the due date of 1.1.11.

Can anyone tell me how long it'll be before we could try again? I've heard stories of ladies getting a positive that same month? Does the miscarriage class as a period, and will I ovulate this cycle?

Thanks for reading my depressing rant xx:flower:

hello honey, didn't want to read and run. So sorry for your loss :hugs:
No one can tell you when to ttc again because that's your own personal decision. Many doctors will say wait a cycle, but i think that's only for dating purposes.
Woman can have a MC then get pregnant in the same month.. it's known you're suppose to be very fertile after a loss too.
I'm not to sure about the ovulating question hun, but i did read once that you may or may not - but don't quote me n this as i'm not 100%.

Hope this helps little :hugs: xx

Thanks Halley :) Sorry to hear about your loss too :hugs: xx

just wanted to send you some huge hugs xxxx

Hello im so sorry about your loss,

I had i mmc december and it destroyed me at the time (which i have come to terms with now). But at the time it makes no sense. Iv just gone past my due date which was also difficult. I was told to wait 2 cycles as this gives your womb time to get back to normal and i caught on our second month trying. My hormone levels stayed high for about 4 weeks after my evacuation surgery. I did have a friend that caught 1 weeks after surgery tho.

In time you will start to feel yourself but your baby will always be in your heart xx

Best wishes for the future xx:cry:

I lost Isabella just into the second trimester and delivered naturally. I ovulated 20 days later.

I was told to wait one cycle but that if I fell before that it woudln't make a difference.

I just had a natural miscarraige about a week ago. I had a follow up with the dr yesterday and my beta was 19. I was told to wait one cycle, however I have really long cycles (45+ days) so Im debating on if I want to wait or not. I have heard conflicting things about what you should do. Some say that they say to wait for dating purposes, but other people have said that your uterus needs time to heal. Im not really sure what is best, Im still debating this myself. I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

I had a mc on 7th Jan this year - and am only coming around to dealing with it now - back on here today as have been having all early symptoms since yday but only BD'd 2 days ago so not sure whether its my body or my head making me believe they're pg symptoms :o/ - suppose time will tell.

As for waiting, i think thats a personal decision - the docs suggest leaving 1 cycle to ascertain timing.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss hun :hugs:

I got to 12 weeks and started spotting. Went to the hospital for my 12 week scan as they brought it forward and was told the baby died at 9 weeks.

I was going to have the tablets like you are but i miscarried naturally.

At first we didn't want to try again but after only 2 weeks we decided to go for it. I haven't got pregnant yet but i think it's your own decision of when you want to try. I was told one cycle but you read a lot of contradicting advice. Do what you think it right.

Look after yourself and i hope you've got some good support. And we're always here if you need a chat/moan/rant/cry etc :haha:

Hi Lynsay,

Im so sorry to hear of your loss love and I know exactly what you are going thru. My last 2 miscarriages were like that where I miscarried 3 weeks and then 6 weeks after baby died. The waiting once we found out was awful. I had been told by my GP that I could try straight away after my 2nd MC but beware - this is not the case. I have now seen an ob/gyn who said that you should always wait a minimum of 2 cycles and preferably 3 cycles to try again because the uterus needs time to repair and the lining for pregnancy takes several cycles to build up to it's normal thickness again (to support a pregnancy).
Time will help you to feel better but you'll never forget.
Good luck love,
xoxo
Pea

The only reason not to try after a medically managed mc will be down to the drugs they use to manage it. If you are using mifepristone and misoprostol, then you should be fine, there are not side effects on fertility from those. Its when they use methotrexate that they will tell you to wait for about 3 months before ttc again. Its a drug they use to fight cancer, cancers feed on folic acid and this drugs basically kills off your folic acid along with other things, so they tell you to wait so you can build up your folic acid again thats all. Talk to the docs and see what/if they have any concerns and do whats right for you hun. Sorry you are going through this aweful time.:hugs:

Thank you all sooo so much for your kind words, support and advice. I've not been on for a while but just to update you all...

We were supposed to go into hospital on Saturday at 8.30am, late Friday night 3am I was rushed into hospital with horrific contractions and heavy bleeding. My boyfriend was wonderful thru it all especially when I was loopy on gas and air lol.

We believe the foetus was passed at home but I passed the placenta at hospital. I was fit and ready to come back home at 10am the next day and as I had my own suite I felt guilty for keeping a room when really I didn't need it, but they kept me in until 6pm on Saturday.

I'm only taking codeine now and again and my bleeding is very very light. It's been the most horrific time of my life, but I can honestly say, now it's over all I feel is relief.

I'm going to wait for a few cycles even tho I was told by my nurses that technically only one period is all I'll need to wait.
My dad called me today - he's bought me and Steve plane tickets to visit him in Florida in September so we'll get cracking then I guess ;-)

I've been signed off for 10 days so you might be hearing alot from me - especially when I'm feeling alone.

Thanks again ladies, you're all wonderful and were all going to be in 1st tri forum soon xx

Hi Lynsay......sorry to hear about your loss.....I've just had my first mmc with my first ever pregnancy. I went for routine dating scan at 11wks and was told the baby died at 8 weeks.....it is truely a crap moment when you go from being sooo excited to utter devastation :( I had a d&c the following day and have had some light spotting for a week.
I have decided to not not try this cycle if you get what I mean, if it happens it happens, but if af appears then thats ok too.
I'm feeling more positive this week, was very hormonal and emotional last week, guess I'll still have days when it hits me but I'm looking to the future.....it took us a year to conceive so hoping it won't take us so long next time x
Take care of yourself and all the best for future xxx This site is great for support and if you need any support then msg away :)
Kirsty x

Hi Lynsay,

Really sorry to hear abot your loss. There is nothing anybody can say to make it better cos i bet you're just thinking why me! sounds like you've got a great boyfriend and that means alot during a horrible time!

I had an ectopic last year and then mc this year and know exactly what your feeling. The best advice i was given was to be kind to yourself and cry when you need to. I still have to hold it together when people tell me they are pregnant but it's made easier by talking to my hubby!

Take you're time ttc, i wanted to get going straight away after one cycle but couldn't wait that long and tried before which was a disaster as i was in pain and i cried wishing we didn't have to try and that the baby was still inside me! For me i wanted to try but then was scared that it might happen again! It's a personal thing really.

The experince is horrible and you'll never forget it but in time it will get better and you'll be able to help others in future when you're able to come to terms with it!

We're all here to help if you need a moan or a rant!!

Take care big hugs! :hugs:
xxx

Lynsay, first of all :hugs: I am so sorry you are going through this. Please take it easy and pamper yourself. We are always here for you... Look forward to your trip to Florida!!! :hugs:

Lynsay,:hugs: I am so sorry. I thought I recognized you from first tri. I m so sorry for your loss. It is completely devastating. I will hold your hand and go through this with you as well.

It is incredibly difficult.

:hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: Sending you lots of hugs at this time honey,

Look after yourself and sending you lots of babydust for the future xXx

I agree 100% with pea-in-pod. I know that alot of women try straight away and believe that docs say to wait only for dating purposes, this just isnt the case. Ive been to 4 very well respected ob/gyn after my losses and they all said to wait until after 2 cycles to give the uterus a chance to heal. I actually waited 5 months after my last loss before trying again.

Lynsa, so sorry for what you are going through right now and dont worry about ranting thats why we are here x

Exact same thing happened to me. Baby died at 8 weeks, didnt find out til scan at 12.5 weeks. Absolutely gutted and angry at having gone 4 weeks for nothing, I didnt understand why it happened

You'll be able to try straight away if you want to and will more likely than not ovulate after the mc has passed. My af was 5 weeks after D&C (normally a 28 day girl), so you could start bd in a couple of weeks and you never know

again, so sorry for you hun, GL with everything xx

im so so sorry for your loss. i had a MMC last year at my 13 week scan my baby was measuring 10 weeks. deep down i knew something had happened as my symptoms stopped so suddenly, but it still doesnt prepare you for the heart break. my personal decision was to try straight away, luckly 5 weeks after the horrible day i had ovulation pains and a digi OPK showed positive so we tried that same month, some drs say to wait one cycle but reality is (and its what i was told by 2 drs at hospital) you can try whenever you feel ready and if thats straight away go for it. like you i had to be pregnant before my due date (also my SIL was due the week before i was which made everything so much more worse). i fell pregnant again in may so had 2 BFN cycles. it will happen, once your ready sit down with your partner and decide what you want to do (when to try again). it will work out, if you ever want to talk please feel free to PM me. xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->