Found this for possible co-sleeping -what do you think?

Cattia

Reaction score
I'm not planning on co-sleeping, but then I didn't plan on it with my DS but we ended up doing it a fair bit as he had silent reflux and refused to settle apart from next to me. I never slept well with him in the bed as I was so worried about smothering him even though I followed all the guidelines. I was wondering what I will do if I have another baby like him and I came across this online:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sleepyhead...UTF8&qid=1427061838&sr=8-1&keywords=sleep+pod

I think it looks quite good as you could have it in bed next to you and it gives baby a bit of protection. Has anyone used one? Any thoughts? I'm not going to buy one now as I might get another baby like my daughter who was perfectly happy to be fed and then popped back into her moses basket but I kind of like the idea of this as a back up.

Ooo that looks really good. I really wanted to co-sleep but my partner is an extremely heavy sleeper and smokes so its a complete no go. I found the bednest and have read some good reviews. Hoping baby settles with it.

https://www.bednest.com/

I had a similar thing to that and it got sold pretty quickly, DS just wouldn't settle in it nd I actually found it worse sleeping with it in the bed as well because it took up a lot of room. We have something similar to the pod that attaches to the bed this time, hopefully this one will like it.

I would love a co sleeper that attaches to the bed but the trouble is we have a sleigh bed with a wooden ridge at the sides so a crib wouldn't fit snug next to the bed, there would be a gap. On the plus side our bed is a super king so no shortage of space!

I would love a co sleeper that attaches to the bed but the trouble is we have a sleigh bed with a wooden ridge at the sides so a crib wouldn't fit snug next to the bed, there would be a gap. On the plus side our bed is a super king so no shortage of space!

So jealous! I would love a super king. We're in a double and my OH is 6'7 and broad so there's already barely room for me lol

I've bought the sleepy head deluxe as my friend swears by it... I also like the fact you can use it around the house / take it in the car if you're going to a friends and bBy will be sleeping, put in the cot when they move into that for easier transition and use for tummy time.

I'm also buying a bednest... These should work with sleigh bed because they have the panel that extends to cover any gaps. Getting mine for £80 from a friend and will be able to sell it do no loss really. They do the hire option - have you looked into it?x

I've bought the sleepy head deluxe as my friend swears by it... I also like the fact you can use it around the house / take it in the car if you're going to a friends and bBy will be sleeping, put in the cot when they move into that for easier transition and use for tummy time.

I'm also buying a bednest... These should work with sleigh bed because they have the panel that extends to cover any gaps. Getting mine for £80 from a friend and will be able to sell it do no loss really. They do the hire option - have you looked into it?x

Oooh, I didn't realise they had an extending panel, now I'm tempted!

There's a few now that have the extending panel, that's what we have as our bed is a wooden frame so there's a good 2 inch gap between the mattress and the outside of the bed.

I've got the Chicco next to me crib as I have an ottoman bed so there's also a ridge. The legs fold back so you can put it up right next to the bed mattress. Also has a zip up side so you can use it as a normal crib and folds down for travel. Looks like they have a good resale value as well.

If you have a super king you'll have no problem with the one you linked though.

I had something very similar to that when dd was born. It worked great gave me a little piece of mind that I would bump into something before bumping into her. She was a silent reflux baby too.

image.jpgI've got a babybay. Attaches to the bed, or has a removable side xx

Resisting the temptation to go online and buy a version of one of these! I'm going to hold fire until baby is born. I got £50 John Lewis vouchers from work, with strict instructions to spend it on something nice for myself not baby, but a baby that sleeps better is something nice for me isn't it! I know it wouldn't cover the cost but it would go towards it.

I didn't plan on co sleeping either but two weeks in I was at my wits end.. The sleepyhead was our saviour! It meant we could safely co sleep and also helped the transition into his cot xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->