Four days old - feeding, sickness

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi,
My little girl is four days old. We have a five year old too but I can't remember how we managed things.

Firstly we have been waking her three hourly for feeds. She was a great weight - 9 lbs 1 - but the hospital said to wake her three hourly and feed her. In the last 12 hours we have had to wake her for every feed. She then is tired to feed.
Every midwife says slightly different things. The hospital said feed every three hours and the midwife who came yesterday on our first day home said extend to four as she was a good weight and seems to be looking well.

Secondly she can be quite sick. At hospital she was being sick with mucus which was brown and they said normal as she was a section baby. But now she is sick with milk colour sick and sometimes it's a lot (not sure it's the whole feed). I thought maybe we are over feeding but she is often showing cues for more feed which we aren't doing straight away.

Any advice? x

I don't think so. Never raised as a problem at hospital. Why - do you think that could be it?

If she is being sick often I would inquire about pyloric sternosis. My first daughter had this and I wish I had known earlier. It's a concern if baby is vomiting most of the feeds and if they are projectile vomiting. It's important that you get her seen Hun by a Pediatrician not a midwife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->