FR - FSH Test - Opinions please

Shelley71

Reaction score
I have one of the First Response FSH (CD3) tests. On FF, I counted that first day of light flow as CD1, so this is CD3 and I totally forgot I had the test.

BUT, I have also been told by many ladies that CD1 is the first full day of HEAVY flow which would have been yesterday.

I got the test free, and I've also heard that they aren't hugely reliable. So, I'm tempted to use it tomorrow and consider that day 3, but then again I feel like since it isn't reliable - what point is there to begin with?

Soooooo..................

Do any of you have experience with these tests?

What is your opinion on my cycle day?

I was inclined to go with yesterday as CD1 when you made your original post. I would go ahead and try it. Either way, it can't hurt. I always look at is as many women probably have a difficult time determining CD1, myself included, so those tests are probably designed with some sort of margin of error in them.

I've always thought the first day I'd use a liner was Cd1, but according to FF it's more like the first day with proper blood - IDK if it was a freebie I say POAS.

Dunno if it's really worth doing these though, I've read a lot about them being not that accurate...

I think I'm going to use it tomorrow, but I'm not going to get worked up about the results if they aren't so great. If nothing else, it'll be something I can tell my doctor if, in fact, I do not O again. He'll probably just disregard it, but maybe it'll be another piece of info that will get me the real tests.

I'd just call the doc and get a blood draw. It would be way more accurate.

I took the test and was thrilled it was negative....so i hope they are accurate..

Oh I have ordered one of those bu I didn't realise it was a CD3 test. AF is due today and I have had the email saying it has been shipped so fingers crossed it will arrive on time. I don't really have an issue with days as when AF starts, she starts, so not really sure I can help on your days Shelley - did you do the test today?

With regards to accuracy: I used one of these tests a while ago, and the result was negative, ie that my FSH was not a concern; I was relieved. HOWEVER, a month later I had my FSH tested at the hospital, and the result was 15 - which they consider worringly high, and because it's over 10 it means that I am not eligible for IVF on the national health system! (A 'good' FSH reading is in the 5-10 range.) What I learned is that the home FSH tests have a threshold of around 20, so an FSH level under that will give a negative result - but it can't be trusted to mean that you have nothing to worry about! For example, if you're in the 10-19 range. I suggest getting a blood test, that's the only way to get a meaningful result.

I was just wondering about repeating the test; I am going to do another FR one this cycle and see if I should have the doc repeat it. Praying for no lines, lol. That's a first.

I took the test and was thrilled it was negative....so i hope they are accurate..

I used the test also & got a negative :thumbup: I used it mainly for peace of mind. I kept thinking I had "rotten eggs" :haha:

I used the test also & got a negative :thumbup: I used it mainly for peace of mind. I kept thinking I had "rotten eggs" :haha:

Same here, but did u read what Cypress wrote?
My eggs could still be rotten after all...:growlmad:

I saw that and am now asking the doctor to retest me, I think. On the other hand, I am probably over analyzing again. :wacko:

Oh shoot. I just saw the post :(

Well, I'm not gonna stress or think about it. I have'nt had any bad results as yet, so it makes no sense to get upset about something that might not even happen :thumbup:

We have to try to think positive ladies! Don't add any undue stress when its not needed! :)

Yes, Eva, you're right...but now even DH is concerned...He will get his SA this Friday or next week if no BFP and he wants to read about the soy isoflavones tonight...

Yes, Eva, you're right...but now even DH is concerned...He will get his SA this Friday or next week if no BFP and he wants to read about the soy isoflavones tonight...

I understand your concerns, just try not to stress unless you find out for sure that there is an issue :hugs: :hugs:

I understand your concerns, just try not to stress unless you find out for sure that there is an issue :hugs: :hugs:

Ok...yes, right again...stress is never good...:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Feel free to smack me if I go there again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->