frank breech homebirth uk?

That's amazing! I had a hospital breech birth although I would've loved a HB I thought it wasn't possible.

:flower: how did it go? was she your first? did you have the epidural? sorry i have so many questions. Did you tear/have an episiotomy? did baby take time to breathe?

Sounds fabulous. I don't think you can ask for any more at this stage :thumbup: you would expect more than 2 mws for a breech vaginal delivery anyway. IF baby stays breech you will be helping them to regain lost skills so well done you x

That sounds brilliant. I'm sure it is an anxious time for a mw if she hasn't delivered a breech before but as you say you will have 4 ladies there including the head of the hb team so sure all will be fine, also as said before you have time for baby to turn. X

Thanks ladies for the support! I hope to gain confidence too... i am a bit worried to tell the truth.

I think it's understandable to be a bit anxious as it's something different. I'd read loads of positive breech birth stories and videos to get your confidence up, a ladie in this part of forum recently had twins at home in the pool, both breech 38 weeks I think she was! Not sure if she's done a birth story yet but just knowing she did it is still very empowering. The last thing you need when you go into labour is to be scared. Xxx

Frenchlady-yes, she was my first. I had gas and air at the end and an episiotomy (most of the labour I was in the ward toilets trying to be quiet) It seemed to take ages for her head to be born and she was a little grey for about 30 secs afterwards but was then very alert.

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to let you know Scarlett Jane came to the world on the 20th February. It turned out to be a C section after all as she showed signs of distress at one of our monitoring.

Thanks for the support though and all the best!

congratulations on your little girl, hope your recovering well. xx

congratulations! a beautiful name and i bet a beautiful girl to match xxx

Hi Ladies,

What a situation i am in... First baby was born at home! Amazing experience. No one thought he was going to be 9lbs4oz but that wasn't an issue at all! He was pushed out in 21 minutes after a very long and painful back to back labour!

Nevertheless i wouldnt change a thing!

Currently 36 weeks with our second, i had a low lying placenta which eventually moved north!
Why they felt the need to check growth is beyond me! The NHS can really be trouble makers! they got me worried and clearly i am just getting over that. Fair enough baby 2 is going to be smaller but is not showing any signs of distress in mummy's tummy! :thumbup:

However, baby is cheeky and is in a frank breech position. Although there are still chances of baby turning, i want to be prepared to argue my case for natural active birth! Still considering a homebirth after the horrendous adventure i have had so far with extra scans and OVER medicalising the birthing experience.
Clearly if this doesnt pick up my pregnancy will have been ruined and rather traumatic in comparison to my son's! :growlmad::nope:

Any thoughts??

my birth story in in twins section but i just had breech twins at home its really not as scary as people make it seem. first 1 was complete breech turned frank breech as came out w/o complication. b was footling breech prolapsed cord wasnt an issue i just pushed him out when cord dropped. if u have a great mw you shouldnt be nervous1 good luck:hugs:

^^ ooooo ive been waiting for your birth story, off for a peek now. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->