franklin goose

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
im about to put my order through but im scared, i put my england address in, will i have to pay a fortune in tax or whatever it is you have to pay?? i ordered 3 nappies

x

where is it from? If you mean customs tax then if you got it around/under £30 you should get away with it. I've ordered many things from usa/chia etc that have been around that mark and not been charged but have on some things that have cost a hundred plus.

They seem to be shipping orders in a few different packages so the value might be too small. My last one had a value of about $60 and it had no charges etc as they marked it as a gift.

I know it's a different country, but mine was around $100 and marked as a gift also :shrug: From the sounds of it on their FB page, they've been doing that for all the orders to Canada and probably elsewhere too.

yeah, if they mark it as such. some companies will some wont'

From hm revenue and customs....

2.3 What are the limits for customs duty and import VAT?

* Commercial consignments of £18 or less are free from customs duty and import VAT. For example, goods purchased over the internet with an intrinsic value not exceeding £18, will not be charged any duty or VAT but this does not include alcohol, tobacco products, perfume or toilet waters. See paragraph 2.5, 2.6 and section 3.
* If you are sent a gift with a value of £40 or less, and which complies with the rules shown in paragraph 2.4, it will be free from customs duty and import VAT, but this does not include alcohol, tobacco, perfumes and toilet waters.
* Customs duty becomes payable if the value of the goods is over £135 but duty is waived if the amount of duty calculated is less than £9.

There are a number of other circumstances where relief from some or all customs charges may be available. If you think your goods may be eligible for a relief you should contact the Customs Helpline for further information.

2.4 Gifts

Goods sent as a gift that are over £40 in value are liable to import VAT. Customs duty also becomes payable if the value of the goods is over £135 but is waived if the amount of duty calculated is less than £9.

To qualify as a gift:

* the customs declaration must be completed correctly
* the gift must be sent from a private person outside the EU to a private person(s) in this country
* there is no commercial or trade element and the gift has not been paid for either directly or indirectly
* the gift is of an occasional nature only, for example, for a birthday or anniversary.

^WSS. I think they also must take into account what you receive so if VAT is charged it will be at the same rate you would pay here. What is the VAT on nappies? I don't think it would be the full rate.

Rachel have you had your stuff from them yet? I'm still waiting on 2 of mine, tempted to cancel them and just order something else instead....

lol basically you should be fine as its below the thresh hold but don't send me the bill if you do. I doubt you'd get one according to hm revenue website.

It depends on the catagory of goods. eg we had a customs bill for some aluminum aircraft parts we'd bought - so a severly luxury item that is totally anti eco lol - and we got a bill for about £20 for £60 worth of goods.
BUT nappies are a totally different catagory. I've bought a Baton (for baton twirling/majorettes so classed as sporting goods) and that didnt incur any charges.

If you are that concereed i'd ring HMRC and ask them. If it were me - If I really wanted the nappies then I'd buy them and risk it. It won't be more than approx 10% of your goods value plus vat.

oh thats fine then, i got them for free anyways so $8ish isnt gna bother me :D

thanks

x

Rachel have you had your stuff from them yet? I'm still waiting on 2 of mine, tempted to cancel them and just order something else instead....

I've had a toy and a wrap delivered so far. I had a dispatch email a few weeks ago for something and got another email today. After those, I'm just waiting on some nappies that I think are coming direct from the supplier as they're listed separately on my order.

My Kozy carrier and amber necklace are still marked as processing and I've sort of given up on them arriving at this stage. My dad has the wrap but was going to hang on to send it to me until the others showed up but not sure if it's ever going to happen!

Yah, my order is still processing too - it's already been over two months... And I paid for part of it already too!

:(
A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back