Freaking out over weight gain

samsam23

Reaction score
I just got done with my Dr. Appt and when I jumped on the scale I weighed 199 lbs. 12 lbs more than my appt last month and it's really really depressing me right now. I started the pregnancy at 170 and can't help to realize that I already gained 29 lbs at 29 weeks. I still have another 10 weeks or so and this is the time that I'm suppose to gain the most.

Is anyone else in my same boat. I'm so bummed right now.

Aww I'm so sorry ur feeling bummed try to keep in mind ur growing a baby and will lose most of that when baby is born :)

This might be the trimester where your weight gain will slow down. I have often heard of women gaining most their weight in 2nd trimester and very little in 3rd. Try not to be so hard on yourself easier said than I know but you haven't long to go before LO is here😊 then the weight will come melting off and whatever is left you WILL get off too😊 xx

I had a really big jump around that time too, actually ended up losing a lb by my next appointment (without really trying or intending to). As long as you're still making healthy choices and staying hydrated, I wouldn't stress too much! I've only gained about 3 lbs in the last six weeks or so - some ladies definitely put more on in second tri than in third!

Around 26-27 weeks is when I made the mistake of asking how much weight I had gained and it was around 15-20 lbs and I started sobbing. Ruined my day and the rest of my week. I started out my pregnancy about 30 lbs overweight already so I really shouldn't gain ANY weight :( I feel your pain!! I won't ask again, I never look at the scale when they weigh me. At the end I'll ask, maybe at my 40 week appointment. I do want to know what I'm looking at... But until then, IGNORANCE IS BLISS LOL

Me :( i am here with you i started with 160lbs and now gained 28lbs (i hope i done correct conversion from kg:)
I struggle already because of the weight gain, have some joins pain, out of breath and its harder to keep up with work and toddler and house. In my furst pregnancy i gained so much closer to the end of 8month, so now i am terrifyed how much i will weigh in rhe end. I have high acidity this time and gaging reflex, especially in the morning, so helps to eat dry thinks like crakers/biscuits and eat little but often during the day, that what i think made me gain so much :(

I gained the most in first trimester! I was absolutely starving all the time and ate to my appetite. Now in 3rd trimester I feel full really quickly and get heartburn and my weight gain has slowed right down. I'd honestly try not to worry-try and listen to your body and eat healthy foods to your appetite and you should be fine.

If it helps you at all I was very much like you and jumped up quickly at the end of 2nd trimester but it slowed in my 3rd. I ended up gaining more then I wanted (46 lbs) and at 7 days postpartum have lost 21 lbs. As long as your baby is healthy try not to worry. Weight can go away. Healthy baby is the goal. I know it's hard!!!

Thank you ladies I know what your all saying is true. I wrote the post when I just got my vitals taken and I was waiting for the doctor to come in the room. Once she came in she asked about the spike as well. She said I could be retaining a lot of water but that the baby is measuring bigger than what he should be. She didn't quite say how big. She wants to have another ultrasound done at 35 weeks and if he is still big she said she will be inducing me at 37 weeks because if I wait till due date he'll probably be 11lbs.

idk... Maybe my pregnancy hormones are making this worse but as long as he's healthy thats all that matters.

I do need to eat a lot healthier tho. Thats my first step. Bye bye chocalte shake cravings....

Me :( i am here with you i started with 160lbs and now gained 28lbs (i hope i done correct conversion from kg:)
I struggle already because of the weight gain, have some joins pain, out of breath and its harder to keep up with work and toddler and house. In my furst pregnancy i gained so much closer to the end of 8month, so now i am terrifyed how much i will weigh in rhe end. I have high acidity this time and gaging reflex, especially in the morning, so helps to eat dry thinks like crakers/biscuits and eat little but often during the day, that what i think made me gain so much :(

Iren Iren- You sound exactly like me. I started at 170 which isnt ideal to begin with when I'm only 5'5". So thats why this is effecting me so much. I'm starting now to get acid reflex but more torwards the end of the day. But all the pain, work and a 4 year old at home just adds to everything.

Glad to know i am not alone out there who has this problem. I am also short, so the weight gain is very noticeable
Ive just read your other reply regarding baby measuring bigger and you might be induced earlier, its not a bad thing though
I am seeing my midwife this weekend and see what she says.
I already ditched my one every morning pastry and trying to be sensible with food choices.
We just need to stat positive

Iren Iren- You sound exactly like me. I started at 170 which isnt ideal to begin with when I'm only 5'5". So thats why this is effecting me so much. I'm starting now to get acid reflex but more torwards the end of the day. But all the pain, work and a 4 year old at home just adds to everything.

Lol I gave up dinner last night and drank a juiced drink. Spinach, grass, chea seeds and apples. Then cried in the bedroom when I said OH and DD eating actual food. I just can't shake the being sad feeling.

I'm in the same boat.

I had a spike of 17 pounds between 6 weeks (between 24 - 30 weeks or somewhere around there). It was like no matter what I did, ti just kept going up and wouldn't stop. I do think of a lot of it is retained water as I've been really struggling with dehydration.

I'm just trying to get through the next few weeks, knowing it'll come off in the end.

Weight gain really can be difficult to deal with :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"