Freaking out somewhat about my thyroid medication!

Eziana

Reaction score
Okay so I take Thyroid medication for an underactive thyroid. I've heard repeatedly that you're supposed to wait at least 3 to 4 hours between your thyroid medicine and your prenatal vitamin (because it contains iron the prenatal vitamin can mess with the absorption of the thyroid medicine ). Well, tonight I totally forgot and ended up taking my prenatal not even two hours after the thyroid medication. This is the first time this has happened since I've been pregnant. I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting, it's only happened this one time, but I just can't help worrying!

It is fine!!!!! I get baby brain and forget to take my thyroid medication sometimes and don't remember until the next morning when I have one more than I should. Oops. But missing one, or absorbing one a little less, isn't going to hurt your pregnancy. It just makes me a little miserable for a day - super exhausted and hungry - which are symptoms I get while pregnant anyway. ha! It's best to take your thyroid pill first thing in the morning, wait 30 minutes before having breakfast (if possible... when I'm pregnant, I try but sometimes eat breakfast right away if I'm nauseated), then taking the prenatal at bedtime.

I do it the other way round :) levo at night cos it knocks me out if i take it in the morning; prenatal in morning.

I do it the other way round :) levo at night cos it knocks me out if i take it in the morning; prenatal in morning.

Wow! I haven't had that affect, but how do you keep from eating for 4 hours before taking it at night when you're pregnant? My MS makes that impossible. haha. I'd never keep it down. :)

I use the gummy vitamins and one of the main reasons is it didn't have added iron in it to mess with my thyroid meds. I'm sure one time isn't going to be a big deal but if you're paranoid maybe try changing to something like that?

I always take my pill in the morning first thing. I've never heard of having to wait 3 whole hours to take a prenatal though. I was told to wait 1 hour before eating or taking other meds. It's absorbed by then.

Wow! I haven't had that affect, but how do you keep from eating for 4 hours before taking it at night when you're pregnant? My MS makes that impossible. haha. I'd never keep it down. :)

Honestly I finish eating around 6 and then take it before i go to bed which is maybe 2-3 hours later?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->