Freaking out

Blessed89

Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy. My husband and I had intercourse on sept 18 to be exact. I hadn’t had sex before then because I was healing from a surgery on my knee. I THINK my last period was September 4 or 6 but I seriously can’t recall.

I took a pregnancy test roughly three weeks ago and got a positive as a matter of a face I took 30 over the last 2 weeks because I couldn’t believe my eyes. A few days later I started spotting with light pink blood only when I wipe. Me as a first time mom I panic and get an appointment. At that time I was 6 weeks and my blood work came back good with 3900 HCG. Doctor said she had no worries.

Two weeks later I don’t feel the same so I go and get an ultrasound from the people who do the 3D ultrasound today and she tells me she see a gestational sack and yolk sack but no baby. IM CRUSHED

My next appointment is Tuesday and all my excitement is gone. I’m suppose to be 7 weeks 4 days. My husband thinks I miscalculated and I’m early but I think it’s something bad happened.

Hi, I’m sorry you are stressed. I am confused by the dates. If you DTD 9/18 then you ovulated around that time, so 9/18 we can consider roughly 2w. That makes you exactly 8w on Tuesday assuming you ovulated/conceived same day and I counted correctly lol

When was the hcg test done? I didn’t hit 3.5k hcg with my son until 20dpo, or 4w6d.

I’m not sure when you got scanned, but honestly anything done before 7w is a crap shot. It’s why most prenatal visits aren’t even scheduled until 8-10w in the US or 12w in other countries. It would totally be normal at such an early gestation to just see a sac and yolk sac.

On Tuesday, as for a transvaginal ultrasound (if you are comfortable with that, going through the abdomen so early is not as detailed/accurate). Also insist on serial betas (getting bloods taken that day then repeated on Thursday no later than Friday as it must be 48 hours no later than 72) given the spotting. If it doubles or near doubles, you are in good shape.

I know it’s scary but fxed for you that you are just early.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I’m just lost and really hoping for the best. I don’t know what to think anymore. My ultrasound was yesterday that I went out and paid cash for to hear a heartbeat. I got the blood work done when I was six weeks because I had very light bleeding and they said it was implantation bleeding. That’s when they took my blood work and said everything was fine. So I’m not sure but I’m lost and worried. I’m just hoping I miscalculated my dates somewhere.

I think your earlier. I had the same thing. Went off my dates ECT I should have been further. Attended my scan and they only saw what they saw with you. 2 week later we saw a baby with a heartbeat. I obviously ovulated late and got a positive like super early xx

I really hope that’s the case! I think I’ll remain hopeful and enjoy my days off.

Agree with the other ladies. You could have implanted a little later as well. Those early scans can at times cause more worry than necessary. I'm surprised that a private place would even scan you that early on, here they won't see you until after 14 weeks. Wishing you the best and hopeful you have a wonderful news to share with us after your next scan :hugs:

I go on Tuesday for my “8 weeks” I guess they will determine how far along I am and I pray there’s a baby there. Yes the private place told me to come back in two weeks when she found a gestational sac and yolk sac but no baby.

Seeing what you saw two weeks ago makes perfect sense. At 8 weeks you are JUST going to see a baby and it's going to be hard to see if they have older equipment or less sensitive equipment(offices vary a LOT). I wouldn't be worried by what you saw at all at 6 weeks.

@Elsa50501 I was 7 weeks and 4 days when I saw that scan which was yesterday. I didn’t get an ultrasound at my six week appointment because I went in for spotting and they told me not to worry it’s implantation bleeding but I had bloodwork that showed 3900 HCG level and she said she was not worried.

I agree, you could be earlier than you thought. Maybe even a week or more. At 6 weeks there's a good chance you're not going to see more than a yolk sac. I hear about it happening all the time on these forums. Especially with an abdominal ultrasound and not a transvaginal. Spotting is very common in early pregnancy as well. I had spotting around the same time with my first pregnancy. Going based off LMP and when you "think" you ovulated isn't always correct on how far along you are. It's very possible in early days to be off. Also, private scans are not medical professionals, they can't tell you anything about the baby really (by law).

Last edited:
Hey Ladies,
I told you that I would update all of you as I just got back from the doctor who says that I had a miscarriage. A transvaginal was conducted. They saw the Gestational sack and yolk sack but no baby. Doctor stated that she should t least see a fetal pole and still nothing. I can wait two weeks if I wish , have a surgery or take several pills.

Im so sorry for your loss hun, I was hoping everything would be ok for you :hugs:.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you :hugs:

I would wait personally. You could just be very early. Praying that's the case for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->