Freddie or Archie?

Boo44

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
I feel like I've been asking the same questions over again and I'm now 30 weeks and no further forward lol. So indecisive!

Do you prefer Freddie or Archie?

Do you see them as 'real' names? Ie we would go with these versions on the birth certificate as I'm not keen on the full versions

Do they go with Jack?

Any others to throw into the mix? I like old fashioned traditional names. I was set on George but have gone off it a bit. I'm really struggling for cute boys names!

Btw we don't know the sex but if it's a girl I'm probably set on Lily Martha

What about Oscar? OH not sure at all. I think I like it... maybe!

Jack and Oscar are very sweet. Personally I feel Freddie is a nickname and that Archie can be a full name. I prefer Jack and Archie over Jack and Freddie. Have you thought about Archer "Archie". I love Jack and Archer. So very handsome.

edited to add

I love Lily...and Jack and Lily.

I prefer Archie over Freddie. Since we're not having a boy I'll give you my short list as I think we like similar type names :)

Arlo
Hugh
Heath
Finn
Wade
Reed
Miles
August

Hi I really like Archie, I have an alfie and a Toby and really love Archie but feel it is too similar to alfie! We r also thinking of Oscar for no. 3, although hubby likes it more than me! Freddie is lovely too but prefer Archie!

Love all the names you' ve mentioned. I'm a big fan of shortened versions of old names, no one wants to be called Frederick or Archibald.

I like Oscar and like Archer with Archie as a nickname. I really like Freddie too but I'm not keen on it as a full name. It is cute though!

both Freddie and Archie are nicknames

Oscar is the best ot if your willing to go Archer then the gets my vote

Thanks all. Ooh it's so difficult. It was never this hard last time!

In my mind I see the baby as Freddie. But I agree it's a nickname and I'm really not sure what to do about that!

I like oscar but don't love it :(

Will suggest archer to OH - not sure he'll go for it, he's a traditional type! Lol

I don't think there's anything wrong with using a "nickname" as a full name. Whatever you want to call him should be what's on the birth certificate- I really wouldn't feel obligated to use a longer name if you don't like it.

Freddie is traditional? I think flog the film Freddie kreuger. Frederick is, I guess. Does he like Theodore? Bradley, Jonathan, Michael, etc??

Archer is nice but it is "out there" considering traditional names

Lol I mentioned Archer and his response was 'Err no. Did you just make that up?' Haha. My hubby is a simple soul when it comes to names!!

He's trying to convince me of Henry but I'm just not taken with it. My dad is Harry. I love Harry. But jack has 3 friends called Harry and we don't fancy 'big Harry and little Harry' in the family. I don't want to name him Henry and refer to him as Harry as I think what's the point in naming him Henry? This may seem backward logic but it's how my mind works with that name

I think taking the 'nickname' version will be fine after all jack is a version of john. But it just depends which we use or if I can find another name I prefer!

I don't think there's anything wrong with using a "nickname" as a full name. Whatever you want to call him should be what's on the birth certificate- I really wouldn't feel obligated to use a longer name if you don't like it.

I personally think nicknames are fine, its just nicknames ending with 'ie' (especially for boys) doesn't age well as they sound very cutesy

I think Frederick Smith would look more professional on a CV than Freddie Smith... jobs are running out and silly thinks like name could easily be the reason you lose out to a similar candidate now a days

Freddie, Freddy, Archie, Oscar, Henry all lovely names.

Please don't get persuaded to use the longer version when you are always going to call them the shorter version..
think about what you want his teachers to call him, what will he have on the label above his hook at school?! It gets confusing for them when the name on their labels dont match the name they are being called! (I work in a school)

I hardly think names affect job chances too much.. if you are right for the job you are right for the job..

Good luck :)

My nephew is called Freddie, I love it and think it goes nice with Jack! :)

When he's grown up, there'll be plenty of Poppys, Skyes, Rivers etc having a modern shortened version of a traditional name definitly won't hinder him! Henry and Harry are lovely too.

Freddie is ok too, but I like Archie more. One of my favourite names lately. Though it is getting quite popular if that's something you're trying to avoid.

Love Oscar & I prefer Freddie as Archie seems to be quite popular now...i still think its a nice name though! Just cant imagine a 20 year old called Archie...in my opinion x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->