free range in bed

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
Jasmine has everything in her bed in regards to wedges etc to keep her from rolling... just wondering when other people took that stuff out? Im thinking it may be preventing her from rolling, she is 4 months almost...

And maybe she would be more comfortable without that stuff? Im positive she would be ok... im just curious to see when others did that?

I don't have anything as they advised me not to. You could always remove them and see if that helps? Not sure if that was any help or not. :hugs:

Can she roll during the day? I doubt that'd be preventing her from learning to roll, if that's what you mean?

We never used any thing like that :)

She doesnt have alot of opportunity to roll in the day because she spends alot of it playing in her excersaucer and jollyjumper (likes to be upright). Im not really worried about when she rolls...

I am just thinking if her being prevented from rolling at night is perhaps posing a comfort issue. She sleeps through and I dont have to get up but I hear her wake up a few times in the night.

I have posted about three weeks ago about Fin being swaddled and then moving into his own room and sleeping on his face. Since Fin has been in a sleeping bag (which he hated at first), he has started rolling over to sleep on his tum and now he is sooo much happier and sleeps for much longer. I know Jasmine sleeps through, but I would let her have free reign now honey. xxx

Renah has free range. She's never had wedges and hasn't been swaddled since 3 weeks

Guess we will try tonight :D

Max had those wedge things to help him sleep and not roll over ..but now hes still has them but he likes to sleep on his side with the back support they provide ..although most of the time hes thrown it out of bed lol

We tried the positioner; she wiggled out of it. We tried the wedges; she wiggled out from between them. We were bad and put her on her tummy with the boppy soon as she could turn her head side to side and she LOVED it, only way she would sleep. When she was 16 weeks we took that away and put her in her crib alone and she was just fine. She moves ALL over the place and usually sleeps on her face with her bum in the air and legs crossed, LOL

don't get me started on Hannah's sleep positions now :rofl:

Good luck trying! And you never know it may help with her rolling, I've read (and seen Hannah do it) that babies practice new skills in their sleep :)

I took it off after about a week of her sleeping in the big crib :lol:. The thing is that at 4 months they are already capable of changing position if it represents difficulties for them so she'll be fine even if she starts rolling...

jack is my 4th & i have never had anything in there cots to prevent them rolling over as they do say once they can roll over onto the tummys then they are safe enough to sleep like that . xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->