Freezer Meal Recipe Trade

krissie328

Reaction score
Hey ladies!! So I am prepping some freezer meals in early October. This batch is to get me through the end of my pregnancy. Then I would like to get a second batch prepped over Christmas break to last me after baby.

So I thought it would be fun to get some ideas on what you ladies are making so I can get a variety of things in my freezer. And hopefully you can too!!!

:flower:

Freezer Crockpot Beef Stew
Ingredients
• 2lb, beef chuck roast, fat-trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
• 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
• 2 celery ribs, chopped
• ½ onion, chopped
• 2 teaspoons dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
• 1 bay leaf
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• ½ cup barley
• 7 cups beef broth
• 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag
Instructions
1. Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date.
2. Combine all ingredients (except beef broth) in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag, adding the beef to the bag last so it’s the first ingredient poured into the crockpot.
3. Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months.
4. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator or in a bowl of cold water.
5. Add to crockpot with beef broth and cook on “low” setting for 8 hours or until carrots are soft.
6. Remove the bay leaf and enjoy!

Lasagna Roll Ups

Ingredients:
• 2 eggs
• 15 oz. container Ricotta
• 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
• 2 c. Mozzarella cheese
• 1 24oz. pasta sauce jar
• 12 lasagna noodles
• 8 oz. ground beef.
• 2 tbsp. garlic powder
• 2 tbsp. onion powder
• salt/pepper to taste
• 1 tbsp basil & oregano (each)
Directions:
1. Brown beef in a skiller and mix in the pasta sauce. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
2. In a bowl, combine eggs with ricotta, parmsean, and half of mozarella and mix well. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil.
3. Cook noodles as directed and lay flat out on wax paper sheets. Place 1 tbsp of meat mix on the noodle and spread evenly.
4. Place 1 tbsp of the cheese mixture and spread evenly.
5. Gently roll up the noodle carefully, top with remaining mozzarella, and freeze.
6. To cook frozen, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Pepperjack Chicken Taquitos
Ingredients:
• 8oz. cream cheese
• 3 c. chicken, cooked & shredded
• 1.5 c. shredded pepperjack cheese
• 1 6oz. can green chilies or 1/2 cup salsa verde
• 20 small tortillas
• 1 tsp. chili powder
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• 1 tsp. onion powder
• 2 tbsp. lime juice
• 1 tsp. cumin
Instructions:
1. Melt cream cheese in a bowl. Mix in the spices, lime juice, chilies (or salsa), chicken, and cheese.
2. Add 2 tbsp. of mixture to each tortillas and roll.
3. To freeze, place on wax paper on a cookie cheet and stick in the freezer for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from cookie sheet and place in a ziplocked gallon bag.
5. When ready to cook, bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

I love cooking and come from a family of restaurateurs so this thread is just up my alley lol!

The first thing that comes to mind are burekas. I always make batches and freeZe them. You make a filling and put a few tb in a square of puff pastry and make into a triangle and seal edges with water. You freeze them flat on a tray and when they are frozen you can put them in a bag.

When you want to eat them you take them out and place on a nonstick tray, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame if you want and cook at 400 Fahrenheit for about 30-45 min depending on how big.

I usually eat with salad and hard boiled eggs. My go to fillings:

Mashed potato with fried onions, butter, a few raw eggs and parsley
Cooked ground beef with allspice, pine nuts, parsley, fried onions
Cooked spinach with shredded meunster cheese, a few raw eggs, fried onions

ooooh thank you for this thread! I have no idea what to prep so these are great ideas!

Lasagnes
Spag Bol
Chicken stew
Cooked chicken (fajitas, salad rolls etc)
Chunky soups
Cottage pies

Love this thread!
I make big scale based of mince/onion/tomato/seasoning and garlic and turn it into spag Bol, cottage pies, chilli con carne, lasagne etc. And whenever I'm cooking something for dinner I double up and freeze half, I built up quite a stock during the last couple of months of pregnancy and it was honestly the best thing ever once I had had the baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->