French baby boy to come !

RosalieNY

Reaction score
Hello everybody !

I'm French, I live in USA with my husband and we will have our first baby boy in one month :)

We really like the first name NATHAN but it's really common... So we are thinking about NATTAN or NAËTAN !!?? Could you please tell me what do you think about these first names and how do you pronounce them ?

Thank you very much for your replies !
Rosalie

Hello everybody !

I'm French, I live in USA with my husband and we will have our first baby boy in one month :)

We really like the first name NATHAN but it's really common... So we are thinking about NATTAN or NAËTAN !!?? Could you please tell me what do you think about these first names and how do you pronounce them ?

Thank you very much for your replies !
Rosalie

I've never heard Naetan before, but I think it's lovely! Definitely prefer it to Nattan.

Congratulations on your sweet baby boy! Wishing you a swift and easy delivery!

Chelle

I wouldn't say that Nathan is very common these days. Haven't met a Nathan since I was at school in the 90s!

Personally I would just spell it Nathan. I see why you'd suggest Nattan, etc, if you give it French pronunciation you obviously would miss the English 'the' sound, but they just look made up and would be mispronounced by all English speakers. Just go with Nathan. :)

If you like Nathan, go with it. It doesn't matter if it's common, if you love it that's what matters.

In terms if pronunciation I'd say:

Nattan- Nah-tan
Naetan- Nay-ten

I like Nathan best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member