Frequent Nursing?

LockandKey

Reaction score
My LO is 4 weeks now, and he is attached to my boobs for hours at a time just nursing on and off every 10 mins or so. I thought that maybe it was cluster feeding, but he's been doing this since he was born. First he nursed constantly in the morning only, but now it's shifted on over to the afternoon, nursing from noon until 6pm or later. I will nurse him for about 10-20 mins at a time, then he will fall asleep, then wake up maybe 10 mins later and want to nurse again.

It becomes quite exhausting and frustrating, I feel confined to the couch and am unable to go out of the house or get anything done without him screaming at me demanding to be put back on my boob. Is this normal? He's still having a good diaper output and all his pee diapers are always pale yellow in color. When does this begin go subside?

Sounds like my daughter..I would make the couch super comfy with fluffy pillows and have me a snack table and the TV remote close by because if be there for hours. She'd suck and sleep and suck and sleep on and on and on for hours. Every other day I kept thinking about the stash of formula I had but I knew if I ever gave up just because things got a little harder than I expected id never forgive myself and I sucked it up and kept going....stopped being afraid of letting myself dose off during these long nursing sessions. Oh used to get so angry cause he'd walk in the room and id be asleep but after awhile he had to get over his fears and trust me...I wouldn't fall asleep with her if I thought something would happen.

Totally normal. Follow your baby and trust your instinct. Find some movies or Netflix and relax. You can also learn to feed in a sling and will be able to get stuff done. However all the stuff will wait just give yourself permission to relax and do it later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->