fresh pineapple in early pregnancy

joey300187

Harry's Mammy :) xxx
Reaction score
ive just sat eating a massive fresh fruit salad and it came to me that pineapple might not be safe as its used as a method to start labour off, so i googled it and apparently it can cause miscarriages??? does anyone know if this is true at all. i lvoe pineapple but as this is my 6th pregnancy and i have no live babies its worried me.xxx

I have been eating pineapple regularly throughout. It is my understanding that to start labour you would need to consume 8-10 whole pineapples (including core) a day for several days to kick start labour. You should be fine. It has done me no harm

I have heard that pineapples cause miscarriages but not sure how true it is... I wouldn't worry about the small amount you had but would stay away from it just to be on the safe side considering your history...

i think its more of an old wives tale i wouldnt worry xx sorry for you losses xx

thanks guys! sorry it just really panicked me as obviously i would do anything not to go through another mc. never ever thought of not being able to eat pineapple before lolxx

Peril is right. No need to worry. My last pregnancy I ate fresh pineapple regularly throughout it and DS is just fine.

There are a lot of old wives tales around.....however, i swear that eating pineapple helped my labour along, I ate a whole pineapple and drank the freshly squeezed juice from another pineapple and my waters broke that very evening...obviously could be a coincidence, not trying to scare anyone...just my story. I dont eat much pineapple anyway but i would eat a little if i wanted i just wouldnt recommend anyone eating a few whole pineapples.

My midwife actually told me to eat them, my blood pressure was creeping up and she told me to try everything to get baby out i hadnt heard of it before she told me.

No need to worry. In my first pregnancy fresh pineapple was the only thing i could bare to eat, i was addicted to it and had it morning noon and night. Like the other ladies said you have to eat vast quatities of it including the middle before you get enough of the labour inducing chemical. Hope my cravings are just as healthly this time round!

never heard of it
I've ate last week a whole pineapple and nothing happened

so think i might have just overreacted a little lol. just panicked me. i think going by peoples experiences its ok but think ill only keep to small quantitys xx

Id like to see someone eat 7! I only managed one whole ...made me feel so sick, thats why i had to juice the second one!

I think everything in moderation....unless your having a mad craving!

Take care xxx

ive just sat eating a massive fresh fruit salad and it came to me that pineapple might not be safe as its used as a method to start labour off, so i googled it and apparently it can cause miscarriages??? does anyone know if this is true at all. i lvoe pineapple but as this is my 6th pregnancy and i have no live babies its worried me.xxx

Well that's odd... :-k Pretty much from 4 weeks to 6 weeks all I wanted to eat was pineapple and soup. Okay, not together but you get the idea. :haha: I ate A LOT of pineapple and jumping bean is just fine. :cloud9: I'm sure yours will be fine too. :hugs:

I don't know about fresh pineapple since it has never made it into my cravings and is usually a bit pricey to make it into my budget regularly. However, with my first daughter, I had massive cravings for pineapple juice and would drink it even when I knew I was going to throw it up. She loves pineapples.

I have been drinking about 8 oz of pineapple juice (not from concentrate) every day or two for the last week and a half or so and don't think it will have an effect. You can find just about anything on the internet both pro and con for just about anything. You just have to use your head and you can always check with your doctor/midwife if you are concerned.

No need to worry. In my first pregnancy fresh pineapple was the only thing i could bare to eat, i was addicted to it and had it morning noon and night. Like the other ladies said you have to eat vast quatities of it including the middle before you get enough of the labour inducing chemical. Hope my cravings are just as healthly this time round!

snap! it tastes the same coming back up as it does going down lol

I hope this isn't true as I've been craving pineapple the past couple of days and have eaten loads! I'm going to stop eating so much now just in case.

I ate pineapple when I was pregnant. We can in moderate way. Every fruit has it's own benefits. Pineapple helps to give relief from the morning sickness. The Vitamin C content in pineapple boosts the immune system. i has benefits and as well as risks. Check this link https://www.momjunction.com/articles/safe-eat-pineapple-pregnancy_002951/

I've read if you have a history of mc, they might adjust your to stay away from it but I've also heard people say the core promotes implantation so I wouldn't worry too much unless maybe you're eating tones of it

When I was TTC, I heard of using pineapple to help implantation. They did say to use it for the first few days of the TWW then stop but this was literally the pineapple core for the bromelain (I think!).

All other pineapple was supposed to be good :) And yummy! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->