Friend had a HB and didnt call...

tripletsOMG

Reaction score
So HB are not common practice here to achieving one is a big deal. I have hired the same mw and was told I could be at her birth. Well am I being an ass. I found out after many days of texting back and forth offering my support on FB with all the other unimportant people. Our mutual friend was there to take pics and I actually was her doula for her hospital birth. I am planning my first home birth with twins and was hoping to witness one before my own. Am I being to sensitive?:cry:

I would try not to take it personally hun. She might have had a last minute wobble and decided against having you there. Its no reflection on your friendship.

i know i was going to have my mum with me with DD, but i was in such a state i decided i didnt want her to see me like that, (i was hooked upto pitocin and it was just horrible). so it might be a similar thing that when she was in labour she changed her mind for whatever reason, although if she had a mutual friend their i think id be kind of upset/ dissapointed too especially if youve been waiting and wasnt even aware she'd done it already, thats a bit mean, even your mutual friend could of informed you. but im sure it wont have been personal. have you not had chance to talk to her yet? just focus on planning your own HB, which by the way having twins at home sounds so amazing!! xx

Sometimes women dont even call their doula! It's HER birth and it might sound harsh but it's important to keep perspective by remembering that :hugs:

First, who knows why she didn't have you come--could have been last minute. I totally understand your feelings.

It is very hard to tell someone that you might rather not have them at your birth---for whatever reason. Had to do it to my mom now... not easy. Try not to take it personally. Birth is SO personal and maybe she just felt having another person there wouldn't be beneficial to her labor and experience. It was her labor and however she feels most comfortable is really the most important thing. Maybe talk to her about it when she is more rested??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->