Friends..

missjacey44

Jacey & Baby Tye
Reaction score
I dont know if this is the same for anyone else or not..
but ever since becoming pregnant my circle of close friends as none of them have kids or are pregnant they dont seem to bother with me much anymore or invite me out anymore.. like they think a pregnant woman cant go shopping or to the pub for a non alcoholic drink!
And now it seems they only speak to ask questions about baby. & with my OH going out now and then with his friends and im stuck inside im really starting to feel left out.. Iv tryed asking friends to do things but they always say they are busy now and will arrange something soon but never do.. Its really starting to get me down :(

:hug:

i think you find out who your true friends are when your pregnant. i never see any of my old friends since ive had kids.

:hugs: I hear ya! People start treating you like you have some infectious disease and you shouldn't leave the house. It's frustrating but as said earlier, you find out who your true friends are when you're pregnant.

Yeah,I know what you mean hun.
But,watch them come crawling when you've had the baby.

x x x

Yep, and it only got worse once she was born and the novelty wore off. Sure, for the first couple of weeks everyone wants to see the baby. After that, alone time.

:dohh:

O yeah i know once baby is here i wont get rid of them for a few weeks/days but i know after that they still probably wont invite me out!

I wouldn't call them friends if they do that hun.
Just think of your little boy you'll have to spend time with.

:)

there not friends if they are being like that hunni.

all my firneds have abandoned me to i havnt heard form any of them for weeks. you'll soon make new ones hunni and at least you know who your true friends are now. anyway we re all your friends on here :D :hugs:
xx

Ive only just read your post bit wierd that both posting within an hour of eachother :)
nice to know im not alone in feeling like this though :)

:hugs:
I think that like others have said you find out your true friends when you're pregnant. Though i have to say i've prob got very boring ha ha all i can think about are cots, nappies and bottles :lol:

i lost a lot of friends when i fell pregnant with brendan, they dont want to invite you out or anything its really wierd, the only friend i kept was a friend i had all the way from school and we always go out and we take brendan with us so that is nice and she is childless, you do hear from old friends again when they fall pregnant i gota say lol, like my friend aimee i never spoke to her really once i fell pregnant but then a when brendan was a year old she fell pregnant and messaged me and we talk again

This happened to me. None of my friends wanted to know me after about 4months into my pregnancy. I sat at home all day by myself and was never invited anywhere and if i asked them there was always something else they had to do. They all came to visit her when she was born then never heard nothing again. Now though when i look back i am glad this has happened because i have found the people who are my true friends. :) You will find your true friends, them ones arent worth it! xxx

i am sorry to hear that you are going through that. :hugs:
like someone else said, they are not really true friends if they treat you that way!

hang in there!

This happened to me. None of my friends wanted to know me after about 4months into my pregnancy. I sat at home all day by myself and was never invited anywhere and if i asked them there was always something else they had to do. They all came to visit her when she was born then never heard nothing again. Now though when i look back i am glad this has happened because i have found the people who are my true friends. :) You will find your true friends, them ones arent worth it! xxx

This is so true. You'll also find when you have the baby that your priorities and interests change and you see the things that you used chat about and do as a bit shallow and pointless. When you talk about your little mans smile, gurgles and wind their eyes will start to glaze over but they'll nod sweetly and smile and say aahhh how sweet and then they'll go back to talking about needing a manicure or these fab shoes they've seen. Honestly, your well rid. One day you'll look at them and think to yourself 'I'm so glad I'm not like that anymore, was I really that self obsessed' which I think 9/10 of us was before we had babies. You'll meet new friends who are more down to earth and genuineand they will be the ones you'll ring when you need to moan about not sleeping for 3 nights running lol. Bythe way this was meant to cheer you up:blush: but trust me the light at the end of the tunnel is far brighter as a mum.

Let them get on with it ... you dont need "friends" like that!!

My "best friend" got engaged while I was pregnant with Liam and first she totally avoided me and then I realized why. She had 12 girls stand up and I wasn't one of them. The wedding was a YEAR after I had him, so it wasn't like I was going to be pregnant. Needless to say we are not friends anymore.

Sorry...I know how hurtful it can be!!

awww :hugs: sorry to hear this hun!!!

I agree with the others though they are not friends if they are like this!! Luckily Ive got a friend who has an 8 week old (in our group) and Ive never felt left out!! Just gutted that I cant do some of the things!!

Have you tried talking to them???

Awww hunni :hug:

Move nearer to me & i'll be ya friend!! I'm in Bedfordshire so we're neighbours seeing as you're Hertfordshire!!

xxxx

Life changes when you get pregnant, especially since none of them are going through what you are, you're at two completely different times in your lives now. I never see my old friends since becoming pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->