From AR Formula to Normal - Runny poops and spit up...

ElizabethK_

Reaction score
Ok... So DD is 4 months and till now she has been drinking formula specifically for her reflux but at our last doctor's visit he told us to take her off it and switch to normal formula.

So we went and bought a tin of normal formula and started DD on it. Immediately her poops became runnier - not diarrhea just runny and she poops 2-3 times a day. Also she's starting to spit up more although she doesn't seem in pain or anything.

I do know that the normal formula is thinner that the AR one so maybe that is why she's spitting up, but I do hope reflux doesn't come back I would hate to see DD in pain again.

Could it be the specific formula or just a reaction to the change of milk?

Also for some reason she's eating less in a day. She used to eat about 30 - 35oz a day and today she's down to 25!

I can't help but be worried... It's late right now but in the morning I will call the doctor and ask, but till then any opinions or same stories would be greatly appreciated!

Ar has added rice cereal. Rice cereal bulks up stool and decreases spit up. Is there a reason he took her off? Maybe try adding your own rice cereal to the bottle

He took her off it saying she doesn't need it now. I think we might have to go back to it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->