From car seat to (quinny) dreami cot to shop..

starrybean

Proud Mom of One
Reaction score
What does everyone do about coats and clothing when you put your lo in the car seat & then take them out to put them in the dreami carry cot when you go shopping?

I'm finding that whole part a bit mind boggling as the car is warm so i dont put a coat on as she has a warm foot muff for her car seat and then she would need a coat for the carry cot but nothing to warm as we are going in & out of shops... I feel like I would be standing there getting her dressed & undressed in the car park!!:dohh:

If we went out in the car we'd use the adaptors and put the carseat on the Quinny base. Much easier because he always falls asleep in the car and we'd not have to wake him. I had a non padded snow suit and he'd wear that in the car and we'd pile on plankets while out xx

If we went out in the car we'd use the adaptors and put the carseat on the Quinny base. Much easier because he always falls asleep in the car and we'd not have to wake him. I had a non padded snow suit and he'd wear that in the car and we'd pile on plankets while out xx

That is what I have been doing but am conscious that they say not to leave the baby in the car seat more than a couple of hours! It seems the easiest option though as it means less faffing about as I know she is warm in there but won't get too hot going in and out of shops!!

We've just ordered one of these:
https://morrck.com/ecom/index.php?action=ecom.details&mode=baby_hoodie
It's basically a blanket that you can wrap over and easily uncover bubs in the car seat/buggy.

That is what I have been doing but am conscious that they say not to leave the baby in the car seat more than a couple of hours! It seems the easiest option though as it means less faffing about as I know she is warm in there but won't get too hot going in and out of shops!!

DS feeds every two hours, so he's out of his seat for around half an hour at some point if we're out. That gives him time to stretch his back out. Build in change times as well and you shouldn't need to worry too much about being in the car seat for too long :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->